For Sale 1970 Chrysler 300 convertible 440 TNT eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO that bronze-youtube car looks so bland with all the trim removed. Looks like somebody just started driving it before the resto was fully complete, yet in this case it was intentional to remove the fender-top trim.

I don't think the underside of the red ebay car has been touched up by a flipper, what's under there has enough rust-stain bleed-thru that it looks like the black is a couple years old, or has been thru a lot of rainy weather (which most anybody would avoid with a 50 year old car at this point?).

Didn't realize you had such a nice 'vert already. Why do you need another? Shouldn't you be seeking a 4-speed car???:poke::)

IMO that bronze-youtube car looks so bland with all the trim removed. Looks like somebody just started driving it before the resto was fully complete, yet in this case it was intentional to remove the fender-top trim.

I don't think the underside of the red ebay car has been touched up by a flipper, what's under there has enough rust-stain bleed-thru that it looks like the black is a couple years old, or has been thru a lot of rainy weather (which most anybody would avoid with a 50 year old car at this point?).

Didn't realize you had such a nice 'vert already. Why do you need another? Shouldn't you be seeking a 4-speed car???:poke::)
thanks for the feedback. yeah, it does look a bit stripped and i prefer the fender-top trim too.

So, you're thinking the red car is pretty solid underneath, given all photos?

and yeah, i got the 300 last year when i really got into the C bodies (I blame all of you guys):thankyou:
but i also really liked the Furys, and when i saw the one that was only a few known to be ordered with the 440, I had to go for it. i also have a 69 GTX with 4 speed. And, not that it matters, the credit union helped me out with the GTX before it was paid off. And, besides you guys' good advice on no loans on "toys" the CU still owns both the convertibles. So, I'd still love a red 300 (TNT would be nice too), but I guess I'm already pushing the envelope as it is already.....thanks for the feedback.....
Dale

oh, forgot to mention, I'm originally from Evansville, and my aunt lived in Indy for years before going to FL.....I still go to E-ville about twice a year to see the folks...

If I had to make a choice, I don't see anything in the pics that makes me anxious about the underside of the red one. I would like to know more about the trunk hole, yes, but I don't see anything that says 'overall rustbucket'. And I had a 'vert before I got married that had been all sheetmetal-patched, and had some thin spots in some of the understructure, and I drove that car for 5 years and sold it for more than I paid for it. So rust can be a relative thing, you sometimes just need to sell to a non-picky person, or someone not hung up on original sheetmetal.

I did see 2 TNT verts on ebay in the last 6 mos (1 was a green 70 in Canada) that I would NOT feel as good about due to visibly-crusty undersides. And in spite of what I said above, I would've passed on them, TNT or not.

I don't know your life situation, or how much you can drive your cars, but if I had 3 toys and loans on 2 of them I wouldn't buy another car (esp not a 3rd vert) until both were paid off. That's the Dave Ramsey in me (although I've held such principles prior to his class). The borrower is slave to the lender, and this red 'vert is cool but NOT the car of a lifetime. As a wise friend of mine once told me back in my car-hopping days, another one you just gotta have will be along in a few months. And watching ebay I see that is still true 10 years later!

If I had to make a choice, I don't see anything in the pics that makes me anxious about the underside of the red one. I would like to know more about the trunk hole, yes, but I don't see anything that says 'overall rustbucket'. And I had a 'vert before I got married that had been all sheetmetal-patched, and had some thin spots in some of the understructure, and I drove that car for 5 years and sold it for more than I paid for it. So rust can be a relative thing, you sometimes just need to sell to a non-picky person, or someone not hung up on original sheetmetal.

I did see 2 TNT verts on ebay in the last 6 mos (1 was a green 70 in Canada) that I would NOT feel as good about due to visibly-crusty undersides. And in spite of what I said above, I would've passed on them, TNT or not.

I don't know your life situation, or how much you can drive your cars, but if I had 3 toys and loans on 2 of them I wouldn't buy another car (esp not a 3rd vert) until both were paid off. That's the Dave Ramsey in me (although I've held such principles prior to his class). The borrower is slave to the lender, and this red 'vert is cool but NOT the car of a lifetime. As a wise friend of mine once told me back in my car-hopping days, another one you just gotta have will be along in a few months. And watching ebay I see that is still true 10 years later!

yep, excellent advice. thanks !! (and guilty as charged, I'm pretty anal about rust, especially frame rails--just ask poor Gary) anyway, I'm mainly following this one since I looked into it the first few times around and it's a TNT. (Will be interesting to see what it goes for.) And I don't even have a place for another even if it made any sense at all (which it does not). I guess my only option would be trade/sell the bronze for a red or "nicer" 69 300. But , I'm sure waiting is the best idea. thanks again for your thoughts, much obliged.

Dale

I understand, I like following certain cars on the internet also -- sometimes when a different owner/flipper gets a car the opportunity arises for an enthusiast to give it a permanent home. This car may yet get migrated to the US, in which case I'd say the qty of future prospective buyers goes up heavily.

I'm in the future market for a 'vert, I like the color on yours, so send me an email and some pics of and a ballpark of what you'd want for it. Like you, I've got 3 cars and I'm just looking around, not ready to buy, so no obligations at either one of us. Just a data point...

about my "life situation" this pretty much sums it up....

:drama::drama:

use1.jpg
I understand, I like following certain cars on the internet also -- sometimes when a different owner/flipper gets a car the opportunity arises for an enthusiast to give it a permanent home. This car may yet get migrated to the US, in which case I'd say the qty of future prospective buyers goes up heavily.

I'm in the future market for a 'vert, I like the color on yours, so send me an email and some pics of and a ballpark of what you'd want for it. Like you, I've got 3 cars and I'm just looking around, not ready to buy, so no obligations at either one of us. Just a data point...

Sounds like you're in the shoes I was in until ~7 years ago. Live it up, then!

Sounds like you're in the shoes I was in until ~7 years ago. Live it up, then!
well, true, but was it Clint Eastwood who said, "a man's gotta know his limits?" So, bad as I hate to say it,:confused: I see the need for restraint as well.

Correct, as said to Harry's boss (Hal Holbrook) who bragged that he'd never even pulled his gun from its holster in his career. (I have almost all of Eastwood's movies on DVD, even that crappy Paint Your Wagon musical with Lee Marvin) Have seen most of his older ones numerous times each (except for that musical, once was enough on that!)

I did find when I was single that it was easier to follow and act on impulse and compulsion, and easy to become a prisoner of my possessions. And although I cleaned out/sold quite a bit before having a family, there are still a few anchors around my neck. So if you're feeling you should restrain, follow your instincts!

Correct, as said to Harry's boss (Hal Holbrook) who bragged that he'd never even pulled his gun from its holster in his career. (I have almost all of Eastwood's movies on DVD, even that crappy Paint Your Wagon musical with Lee Marvin) Have seen most of his older ones numerous times each (except for that musical, once was enough on that!)

I did find when I was single that it was easier to follow and act on impulse and compulsion, and easy to become a prisoner of my possessions. And although I cleaned out/sold quite a bit before having a family, there are still a few anchors around my neck. So if you're feeling you should restrain, follow your instincts!
yep, that's the movie !! thanks, big fan myself. and yes, good advice, it's easy to make excuses the less dependency that needs you....

I heard today from the deceased owners son that it sold for $6500. He sold the 70 Newport Convert for $3500. Both good deals.
wow, i had no idea it would go that low. I know i dont need another car, but that was a "deal" !!!

USD or CDN?

Good price either way.
I'm pretty sure Canuk bucks. Mikes son was getting anxious....needed to sell the cars to settle the estate. The red one did look a little a crusty underneath. Some of Y'all might have purchased parts from Mike on Ebay. He specialized on rebuilding Mopar power window and seat switches as well as selling related parts...power window motors etc. He was a good guy...loved his C bodys even his daily driver was a ratty 69 Newport 2dr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back