For Sale 1970 Chrysler 300 OMG !! E-Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a Root Beer, right?

Hey man, its your car........ I wont do it... and this car has too much red

:eek:ccasion14:

Every morning I wake up with a smile on my face and a cheery outlook for the day.
Then, while reading the news with my morning coffee, there's another article about Obama...
Don't know much about ,American politics stan only from what I read over here ,But if it's anything like this country,Then it's fucccckkked ,Because I have no time for polititions ,There nothing but sewer rats who only want to line there own pockets I better stop now or ,I will put this forum into melt down ,Maby you can enlighten me on Obama .

I think cars like these speak to our younger generation and the possibilities.. even i agree it's a little over the edge .. but think about it, unless someone makes it flashy and cool looking kids these days will just let them rot in the back yard because it was grampas car (and he was old), they didn't grow up with these cars and don't appreciate them for what they were.. we see all kinds of bastardized cars from the past and not just mopars but all makes and models being redone and drivin, but they are being drivin, still seeing them on the road has to mean something no matter if we agree with their vision or not.. classic example is the model T, those stayed alive as T bucket roadsters for many years and they call it nostalga , if not for that they would have all but gone the way of the dinasour in quick order..jmo

So, this car had a white interior ? OK... Lets shoot the seller

I was kind of going along with the custom, not my taste, but when I saw the before pictures with white top and interior it made me sick. If he only put the money in a custom with a pretty much stock white interior, I think he might have pulled it off for me. As it is way too much red.

My neighbor customized his '66 Ford. He did a metallic blue/green paint that looked really nice on the car, but instead of white vinyl he went the same basic color (which is wasn't because of the metallic paint). I personally think he ruined the car.

I don't hate what was done but it could have been done more tastefully, much more!

It's good that the car was preserved in some way. Resto-mods seldom appeal to guys like us. I like some aspects of the car, though, even the "resale red". Other things done to it..... Quite depressing.

Sure it is, its in better condition than it was....... just not the condition most of us want to see it in

I joined the forum there to see the build pics. Looks like they did a decent job with the suspension, although they posted more pics of making it pretty rather than the mechanics. Rear leaf springs are gone and the stub frame has had a lot of mods.

I don't really care for the car. It's too red for one thing. They spent a lot of money on the paint and striping, yet the prep work on the body looked pretty low rent to me.

Too bad the car didn't get restored the right way.... but then again... would that have happened or would it sit for another 10-20 years until it was given up on and crushed?

I like it and I am a #'s guy! Looks very good with top down, not as much with top up but I would drive that!

"Preserved"?
Did you think it was "preserved"?

Yeah... About that. Forgot how some of you tend to be sensitive about certain words around here. You are correct Space Cadet. Choice of words is important. To clarify-

Is this fine machine.... Preserved in its original state? No. Preserved in that it still looks like a weirded out 1970 Chrysler? Yup. You guys crack me up.

I think cars like these speak to our younger generation and the possibilities.. even i agree it's a little over the edge .. but think about it, unless someone makes it flashy and cool looking kids these days will just let them rot in the back yard because it was grampas car (and he was old), they didn't grow up with these cars and don't appreciate them for what they were.. we see all kinds of bastardized cars from the past and not just mopars but all makes and models being redone and drivin, but they are being drivin, still seeing them on the road has to mean something no matter if we agree with their vision or not.. classic example is the model T, those stayed alive as T bucket roadsters for many years and they call it nostalga , if not for that they would have all but gone the way of the dinasour in quick order..jmo
i'm not sure i completely agree with this. when a rich kid buys this car to impress his friends, he is going to want to drive it. when he drives it and realizes that it doesn't handle for crap ,the battery goes dead every ten minutes due to the excessive electronics and he can't find anyone to make repairs he will think old cars are junk and be turned off. i'm not a complete purist but i feel something less radical and more dependable is the key to keep youth interested. but i actually do like the red top.

:icon_cyclops:

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember coming across that one a few years ago before I found FCBO. I followed with interest, then someone smoked crack, and it was down hill from there. A decent white interior with parade boot and serviceable clips, just as good as derbied.....

P5070433.jpg

0bdd6e5b.jpg

:BangHead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back