1970 Fury GT found in Amarillo, TX.

Do you have the battery heat shield?

Oddly GT Furies had them, performance upgrade!

I made it out for my first road trip in the SF out to LA to see Eric and his car. The car drove well with no issues. Had a good time hanging out. It's a long story, but pretty funny what a small world it is - I had actually purchased a Vox amp from Eric a few years ago when I lived in NYC.

Looking forward to seeing Eric get his GT back on the road. While out there, I found a bunch of ways he can spend his money on the car. :D Here's a pic of me out front of his place. Luckily his crazy neighbor had already been locked up.

IMG_8124.JPG

If someone can tell me how to get the other pics straight, grrr.... And yeah, I know, I still need to adjust my right headlight door. :poke:

fury.JPG

fury1.JPG

Last edited:
I made it out for my first road trip in the SF out to LA to see Eric and his car. The car drove well with no issues. Had a good time hanging out. It's a long story, but pretty funny what a small world it is - I had actually purchased a Vox amp from Eric a few years ago when I lived in NYC.

Looking forward to seeing Eric get his GT back on the road. While out there, I found a bunch of ways he can spend his money on the car. :D Here's a pic of me out front of his place. Luckily his crazy neighbor had already been locked up.

View attachment 166598

If someone can tell me how to get the other pics straight, grrr.... And yeah, I know, I still need to adjust my right headlight door. :poke:

View attachment 166597

View attachment 166599

I just copied them, rotated, and saved. Love the colour, BTW.

fury.JPG

fury1.JPG

Eric, does your AC work? If not, are you planning on restoring it or replacing it with a modern compressor? Mine needs one or the other and I can't decide which way to go. On the one hand I like the original look, but on the other hand I don't want to spend a lot of money and not have a good reliable system. Decisions, decisions.

Eric, does your AC work? If not, are you planning on restoring it or replacing it with a modern compressor? Mine needs one or the other and I can't decide which way to go. On the one hand I like the original look, but on the other hand I don't want to spend a lot of money and not have a good reliable system. Decisions, decisions.
My wiring is such a mess right now, I haven’t even tried turning the AC on to see if it works. I’m planning on keeping the system stock and paying whatever I have too to keep it that way and working well. Right now I have a bunch over other more important issues that need taking care of first like the steering box, fixing leaks, and the wiring.

View attachment 166598

And I’m looking forward to you guiding me on my spending. Ha ha! Well, as long as the wife says it’s ok.

Can't remember if I already posted my decoded option plate here for this car. If I did, my apologies.
Here goes...

M25 – wide sill moldings

M31 – belt moldings

R11 – Music Master AM radio (2 watts)

V01 – mono tone paint treatment

26 – 26” radiator

V1L – Full vinyl top (champagne)

A01 – Light package

A52 – Sport Fury GT

G11 – Tinted glass (all)

H51 – Air conditioning

L31 – hood mounted turn signals

FK3 – Burnt orange irid

H3K4 – Trim grade: high, cloth & vinyl split bench w/center armrest, burnt orange

FK3 – burnt orange irid

905 – build date 9/5/1969

055389 – order number

E85 – 440 cid 4 barrel v8 350hp

D32 – heavy duty automatic trans

PH23 – Plymouth fury, high, 2 door hardtop

T0D - ?, 1970, Belvedere, IL, USA

117083 – sequence number

I'm watching snow come down in April and you guys are running your cars among palm trees in February. Life sure isn't fair!

I spent most of my life living in Michigan with cold winters, so I feel your pain. The weather is one of the many reasons I moved to Los Angeles. You really can’t beat it. Last night I was out in the driveway doing some late night wheel polishing. Sorry to rub it in a little more, ha ha.

2E39F94C-8BD5-424A-9E7C-9CE01A57E28C.jpeg

I spent most of my life living in Michigan with cold winters, so I feel your pain. The weather is one of the many reasons I moved to Los Angeles. You really can’t beat it. Last night I was out in the driveway doing some late night wheel polishing. Sorry to rub it in a little more, ha ha.

View attachment 178036
Aren't there gang wars, drugs and illegal's streaming into the US by the millions every day in LA? How do you get outside at night without being shot? Think I'll stay with the weather in Jersey.

:rofl:

Beautiful SFGT, by the way.
:thumbsup:

Aren't there gang wars, drugs and illegal's streaming into the US by the millions every day in LA? How do you get outside at night without being shot? Think I'll stay with the weather in Jersey.

:rofl:

Beautiful SFGT, by the way.
:thumbsup:

I lived in Detroit for 2 1/2 years and that was enough. I couldn't understand why anyone would want to give up half their life to live in miserable cold weather that leads to rusty cars? I hated the East coast.

Yeah, I hear of all the mexicans over running this place and all the killings and rapes, etc. but never ever see anything like that here. I suppose there are some bad areas, but not much in Southern California. We generally don't have racial tensions here either. We just all get along fine, at least in the area I live in which is not all that wealthy - it is like the U.S. in the 60s with quaint communities, older houses and neighbors that look after each other, and very quiet.

And the kids of the mexicans I know are usually better behaved and more capable than the entitled youth of the wealthier white people. You should stop believing all the crap that Fox News/Trump would have you believe. They have an agenda, and too many fall for it. But stay on the East Coast if you like it, as our traffic is our worst aspect because too many people want to live here.

The Japanese have a saying that goes something like: if you want to know what is really going on, go and see.

Photos taken in January, 2018, which has been a colder, wetter than usual winter.

2018-01-20 00.02.06 (1).jpg
2018-01-20 00.01.53 (1).jpg

Last edited:
I lived in Detroit for 2 1/2 years and that was enough. I couldn't understand why anyone would want to give up half their life to live in miserable cold weather that leads to rusty cars? I hated the East coast.

Yeah, I hear of all the mexicans over running this place and all the killings and rapes, etc. but never ever see anything like that here. I suppose there are some bad areas, but not much in Southern California. We generally don't have racial tensions here either. We just all get along fine, at least in the area I live in which is not all that wealthy - it is like the U.S. in the 60s with quiet communities, older houses and neighbors that look after each other, and very quiet.

And the kids of the mexicans I know are usually better behaved and more capable than the entitled youth of the wealthier white people. You should stop believing all the crap that Fox News/Trump would have you believe. They have an agenda, and too many fall for it. But stay on the East Coast if you like it, as our traffic is our worst aspect because too many people want to live here.

The Japanese have a saying that goes something like: if you want to know what is really going on, go and see.

Photos taken in January, 2018, which has been a colder, wetter than usual winter.

View attachment 178052 View attachment 178053
Thanks Steve, I’ve often wondered what your house looked like. Not what I expected but I do like a craftsman style house, very nice!:thumbsup:

Yeah, I hear of all the mexicans over running this place and all the killings and rapes, etc. but never ever see anything like that here. I suppose there are some bad areas, but not much in Southern California. We generally don't have racial tensions here either. We just all get along fine, at least in the area I live in which is not all that wealthy - it is like the U.S. in the 60s with quiet communities, older houses and neighbors that look after each other, and very quiet.

View attachment 178052 View attachment 178053

Back