For Sale 1970 fury lll 2dr fstp

Status
Not open for further replies.

69monaco

Reaction score
Contact seller
1970 Plymouth Fury III

00v0v_geNwy2lqcDU_600x450.jpg

Aside from all the rust it looks good...

That car needs major work, it isn't a sport fury and it doesn't have a big block, no bucket seats, no center console, not worth $1000. $3800 is dreaming and he says the price is going to go up.

"parts car" "not worth $1000" ? that's pretty pessimistic. Granted the rust sucks and the 318 isn't great. It's a fuselage coupe, A/C works, interior is clean, low miles. come on! Price is probably a little high I will agree and that ultimately it is a parts car, but it possibly could be driven for a while

With the exception of the asking price, I think some of you guys are being a little hard on this Fury especially considering it's a 2dr Formal hardtop. That Dark Burnt Orange paint looks spot on for the original shade and it could be original paint. That rust looks like first time rust, so it's probably be a solid car and worth saving.

.... That rust looks like first time rust, so it's probably be a solid car and worth saving.
Maybe it's my age but I wouldn't have the energy never mind the $ to take on that scale of a project. Just based on the pics full quarter and fender replacement is required. The rear window looks like there is no metal left supporting it. From the amount of rust visible from the outside it's safe to deduce the floors trunk and stub frame are toast. Put it out of its misery and let another car live. My .02.

Maybe it's my age but I wouldn't have the energy never mind the $ to take on that scale of a project. Just based on the pics full quarter and fender replacement is required. The rear window looks like there is no metal left supporting it. From the amount of rust visible from the outside it's safe to deduce the floors trunk and stub frame are toast. Put it out of its misery and let another car live. My .02.
Bingo!

$1000 is optimistic to me when a certain white sport fury with hidden headlights and bucket seats plus spares etc with a bit more rust doesnt sell after a year for $1500. Then I can go out and buy a big block optioned convertible with similar rust for less than a grand because it has already been for sale for months with no takers.

Winter beaters should be Malibus from the 90's.
Too few drivable C-bodies left to be delagated to that abusive treatment.

Stan you want to part it out but not use it as a winterdriver?????????

I think it can better be used as a winter driver instead of getting parted.
Or a nice old Mopar getting driven down.
A rustbucket like this is excellent for the winterjob

Carsten

With the exception of the asking price, I think some of you guys are being a little hard on this Fury especially considering it's a 2dr Formal hardtop. That Dark Burnt Orange paint looks spot on for the original shade and it could be original paint. That rust looks like first time rust, so it's probably be a solid car and worth saving.

This is the standard hardtop, not the Formal (formal's window is concave, like a mid-70s Dodge Dart) but otherwise I agree 100%. I don't see any bondo in that rust, looks like virgin metal. It would need inspected up close to see how bad the rust is (esp the back window area), but I'm seeing a car that doesn't need $1000 worth of interior work. Dashpad looks presentable except for a split near the defroster outlet.

It's a good color combo for a modified car, too. We shouldn't discard it just because it's an F3 and a 318, how many SFs with HP bigblocks are around to pick from???

I see this is still on CL. This is a tough one, I'm not a body guy so the rust issues scare me from it but for a metal worker, this is very saveable and would be a nice car when done. As stated, the interior looks very nice. I think it could get 2K for the right buyer but that's always the key. Every car is only worth the price someone is willing to actually pay regardless of what everyone thinks it should be worth. $3,500 with the amount of body work needed is too high IMO. If someone started popping body panels for C-Bodies, it would be a whole different ball game but that's wishful thinking.

As far as a winter beater, I'd rather see it go for parts then quickly deteriorate as a winter beater. At least in the land of road salt, Pennsylvania, one winter and there wouldn't be much left to salvage even as a parts car. Right now there are still parts to be saved.

[QUOTE="3C's & a D?, Granted the rust sucks and the 318 isn't great. [/QUOTE]

What's wrong with a 318 .....? One of the best engines produced by Chrysler.
My 69 Fury wagon has a 318, and I tow a 3600# vintage trailer with it. No real effort, plus 22 MPG highway and 14 MPG towing.

I'd clean it up, put on a set of road wheels, install hide-a-way headlights and keep everyone guessing.

[QUOTE="3C's & a D?, Granted the rust sucks and the 318 isn't great.

What's wrong with a 318 .....? One of the best engines produced by Chrysler.
My 69 Fury wagon has a 318, and I tow a 3600# vintage trailer with it. No real effort, plus 22 MPG highway and 14 MPG towing.
[/QUOTE]

I didn't say there was anything wrong with it, just that in my opinion, at my point in life, it's not "great". Peaceful family cruising down the highway, camper in tow, sounds wonderful! I'm just not there yet, I want a big engine in my big car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back