For Sale 1970 Sport Fury on CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

kp6401

Reaction score
Contact seller
Thought somebody may be interested - not mine.
00g0g_kdps64YoaeK_600x450.jpg

https:///nwc/cto/5851667430.html

Sorry - tried to post the CL link, its in Richmond IL 2500 bucks (northern IL Craigslist).

Sorry about beaten to death, thought somebody may be interested in saving another cool old c body........just as fearless fury and i have....

don't worry
Better posting it more than needed compared to not posting it

Sorry about beaten to death, thought somebody may be interested in saving another cool old c body........just as fearless fury and i have....
Hey KP hows the Fury running?

I've seen worse than that Fury you posted, It'd probably sell easier if the owner would at least brush some of the leaves off, Looks like the quarters are at least there. Also no title is a real deal breaker around these parts, especially in Wisconsin.

Hi Fearless -the car is nice and safe in the garage out of the snow. I have bought a few things for it (the cheesy kind of trunk extensions off of ebay - I will modify them to what I need), and a couple of other odds and ends. Overall you did a great job on the engine Fearless - I did a few short tours before parking it and really enjoy it quite a bit! You may be unhappy but I am going to replace the glass packs with mufflers and put some factory exhaust turn downs at the exhaust exit to look more factory. I have also ordered the black vinyl top and am looking for a place to redo the interior (just buy the factory seat covers) and I will replace the padding/carpeting since the car is so solid. Also over the winter going to redo the heater core and try and find all of the missing underhood a/c components to put it back together with air for next summer (shows you I am getting old). I will send you pix of the car as I replace the lower quarters and do the patches. Local body shop friend will repaint if for me fairly reasonable - problem is he is always swamped so I will be patient - he did another car for me and does awesome work. I hope all is well with you and that you have a great Christmas and New Years!

I agree, I really like that 70 - but no title in WI is impossible registering. I am really happy with this old C body and can't wait to get a free moment to heat up the garage and get working on it - truly beats work!! LOL

Hi Fearless -the car is nice and safe in the garage out of the snow. I have bought a few things for it (the cheesy kind of trunk extensions off of ebay - I will modify them to what I need), and a couple of other odds and ends. Overall you did a great job on the engine Fearless - I did a few short tours before parking it and really enjoy it quite a bit! You may be unhappy but I am going to replace the glass packs with mufflers and put some factory exhaust turn downs at the exhaust exit to look more factory. I have also ordered the black vinyl top and am looking for a place to redo the interior (just buy the factory seat covers) and I will replace the padding/carpeting since the car is so solid. Also over the winter going to redo the heater core and try and find all of the missing underhood a/c components to put it back together with air for next summer (shows you I am getting old). I will send you pix of the car as I replace the lower quarters and do the patches. Local body shop friend will repaint if for me fairly reasonable - problem is he is always swamped so I will be patient - he did another car for me and does awesome work. I hope all is well with you and that you have a great Christmas and New Years!

I agree, I really like that 70 - but no title in WI is impossible registering. I am really happy with this old C body and can't wait to get a free moment to heat up the garage and get working on it - truly beats work!! LOL
Thanks! My dad and I worked pretty hard getting that car from being a lawn ornament to an actual running vehicle lol. I loved the way that car handled the road too, It was definitely better around a corner than the Shoebox.

That's fine, I just got a glass packs because I wanted the car to run a little stronger, and because they cost basically the same as the regular mufflers. For a while even I considered installing side exit exhausts but that never really materialized. Thats great that your getting it painted, that old brown paint was pretty ratty, What color are you thinking?

Thanks! I hope you have a good Christmas and New Years too!

I am going to stay with the way the car was built, I am an original kind of guy. The only diversion will probably be factory correct 71 road wheels, I really like how they look!

You have a great Christmas and New Year as well! I will keep you posted on the progress and shoot pictures as I go!

You and your dad saved a really cool old car and did a great job with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back