canuck62

Reaction score
Contact seller
1971 CHRYSLER NEWPORT 2dr HARDTOP
Looks nice, but not the price.
01717_eTMke4LionR_600x450.jpg

00w0w_f28kKJshkiH_600x450.jpg

00D0D_aiYPYxrJauM_600x450.jpg

I agree it appears to be a nice original 71K mile car that is straight, free of rust and even might just have the original paint. I wonder why he didn't buff it out to make it more compelling? And nicely optioned, and besides the ones listed, it also has the AM-8 track radio with the stereo 3 speaker dash that goes with the tape system. I would put road wheels on it and enjoy it. I don't think the price is that far off given what I am seeing. But I would toss the optional fender skirts and put on the standard wheel lip moldings in the back. With a little adjustment of the rake of the car, and a set of whitewalls, it could be very nice. :thumbsup:

Love that colour combo reminds me of something I just can't put my finger on.....
IMG_4990.JPG

I have a big concern with this car, how can I buy it without my wife finding out. :(

Yea, that's not looking too bad to me assuming it's as straight and solid as it looks... couple of tweaks and that'd be a rad driver.

Not crazy money for an unmolested car. Good colors, big block, nice options.

Bring $6k an extra set of rims and a floor jack. Drive home.

It just don't look right with those fat black wall tires but I agree, a diamond that looks like it'd polish up nicely.

I agree it appears to be a nice original 71K mile car that is straight, free of rust and even might just have the original paint. I wonder why he didn't buff it out to make it more compelling? And nicely optioned, and besides the ones listed, it also has the AM-8 track radio with the stereo 3 speaker dash that goes with the tape system. I would put road wheels on it and enjoy it. I don't think the price is that far off given what I am seeing. But I would toss the optional fender skirts and put on the standard wheel lip moldings in the back. With a little adjustment of the rake of the car, and a set of whitewalls, it could be very nice. :thumbsup:

Craigslist. I rest my case...

Are those 14" at front? Looks so tiny. No blackened radiator support?
I hope this doesnt end as a flipper.

Quit talking and bitching. If you have the cash. Buy it, have it painted and drive a landyacht. Even you could look cool

Quit talking and bitching. If you have the cash. Buy it, have it painted and drive a landyacht. Even you could look cool

It looks like there is no reason to paint it - why not leave the original paint and buff it?

See Carsten, you are influencing me too much! :poke:

It looks like there is no reason to paint it - why not leave the original paint and buff it?

See Carsten, you are influencing me too much! :poke:

excellent.:)

Now I just need you to get to drive them more and show other people at car shows how marvelous fuselage cars look alike while they are sitting in Hot Rods or other ugly compacts.:D

Looking at all these older cars really makes me wonder about just what happened to the ability to design and style cars, for at least the last three decades most American car companies have put out one ugly design after another, sure there are exceptions, but compared to any 50 year old car, they just fail miserably. This Newport, on the other hand, is simply beautiful.

So what was the asking the first time? It looks like the original OP didn't post the script

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back