1971 dodge monaco coupe - $1900

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont have to hunt for it. I am not a Monaco guy.......Again, if that were a Polara or it had buckets I would have had it. I have my hands full keeping track of all the 70 polara rags I can find.

So........ I cant be disappointed to see American history leave the country?

No different than your best hockey player signing over here.

Oh, and you and I have shared our thoughts through e mails....... Please take care of my car and good luck with it. I envy you....

That looks familiar to me but you already knew that.

For those who dont know I used to own that car, it went to Finland 10 years ago

It wasnt stupid...... Though I have been accused of being stupid more than once.

What is frustratig is the money isnt here for them to stay here.

It wasnt stupid...... Though I have been accused of being stupid more than once.

What is frustratig is the money isnt here for them to stay here.

I disagree somewhat with you on that Dave.......it's not so much that the $$ isn't here, it's that we have it tied up in a lot of diff places. for instance, you see that many of the Europeans do not have these ridiculous sized houses for only a few people to live in. I personally know a few people who have $2500+ mortgages and 2 new vehicles in the driveway, then they complain they can't afford anything........and whose fault is that? And these guys do not make a lot of $$, they have made themselves poor with their spending.

My guess is that they don't have quite the credit debt that we have either, but that's just a guess.

And we won't even get into the number of guys over here who would rather have 5-10 pieces of junk that they call cars than 1-2 nice drivers/showers.

I do not quite have the garage I want right now, but I am not willing to make myself poor over it. Of course, I don't have a car to put in it anyway, so that point is moot.

You make a valid point Mark . Being in the business I have seen those kind of situations more than once. However, the guys with the 7000 sq ft house isnt interested in our cars. And those mortgages are closer to $3,500

You make a valid point Mark . Being in the business I have seen those kind of situations more than once. However, the guys with the 7000 sq ft house isnt interested in our cars. And those mortgages are closer to $3,500

I also think that the younger gen is not as interested in these cars with the possible exception of the pony cars. lots of guys are retiring and selling their cars and the market for them simply is not what it was.

There are a lot of nice 2 and 4 dr cars out there, and they sem to be getting cheaper and cheaper. Eventually you will see little/no proj cars from the 57-72 era and all driver/show cars. the proj cars will get eaten up as a parts source.

and i hear ya on the $3500 mort......I don't understand how these people can afford to eat. Life is so much easier when you don't have to worry abt $$.

I disagree somewhat with you on that Dave.......it's not so much that the $$ isn't here, it's that we have it tied up in a lot of diff places. for instance, you see that many of the Europeans do not have these ridiculous sized houses for only a few people to live in. I personally know a few people who have $2500+ mortgages and 2 new vehicles in the driveway, then they complain they can't afford anything........and whose fault is that? And these guys do not make a lot of $$, they have made themselves poor with their spending.

My guess is that they don't have quite the credit debt that we have either, but that's just a guess.

And we won't even get into the number of guys over here who would rather have 5-10 pieces of junk that they call cars than 1-2 nice drivers/showers.

I do not quite have the garage I want right now, but I am not willing to make myself poor over it. Of course, I don't have a car to put in it anyway, so that point is moot.

The average $$$ for a single family home in Germany is $325,000 USD...

that's ridiculous......and some in this country think we should be more like that?

The average $$$ for a single family home in Germany is $325,000 USD...

Your kidding? What is the average here? Then it goes back to lack of money. Five yeas ago people could afford to buy even I could have bought......... Not now

Five yeas ago people could afford to buy even I could have bought......... Not now
Have to totally disagree.
People couldn't legitimately afford them back then but went ahead and did it anyway. THAT is why we are where we are today....
(Key word: Legitimately.
As in..
"Oh, I want in on all this - there ain't gonna be no bubble bursting")

Your kidding? What is the average here? Then it goes back to lack of money. Five yeas ago people could afford to buy even I could have bought......... Not now

Average $$$ for a single family home in the US is $264,000. That is the average for coast to coast for existing and new homes.

Have to totally disagree.
People couldn't legitimately afford them back then but went ahead and did it anyway. THAT is why we are where we are today....
(Key word: Legitimately.
As in..
"Oh, I want in on all this - there ain't gonna be no bubble bursting")

Stan is exactly right. Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac were giving houses to ANYBODY that applied without any real proof of income to support paying for the mortgage. On top of that they gave them mortgages with tricky ARM interest rates that came back to bite them in the *** hard.

Keep in mind that the manu economy has disappeared from here and been repl with a service econony, where jobs pay little and there are no bennies. Even the manu/warehouse places hire a lot of temps now for a lot less than they used to. 30-40 yrs ago a house could be had sometimes on 1 income. most cannot do that now.

We want to upgrade, but I am not gonig 200K into debt........if i do make it into retirement, i do not want to be pinchnig pennies.

So the average home there is $65,000 more there than here. Its a lack of money......Good thing we have Unions...........

Stan is exactly right. Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac were giving houses to ANYBODY that applied without any real proof of income to support paying for the mortgage. On top of that they gave them mortgages with tricky ARM interest rates that came back to bite them in the *** hard.

And what? People didnt understand the terns? B.S............

I dont have to keep in mind. I live it everyday.......... Again, lack of money and everything you three have stated points to that.

More people unemployed now than ever.Dont belive the numbers. Its that many people out of work that have fallen off umemployment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back