For Sale 1971 Sport fury GT black

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would b nicer with correct decal package.....stripes are wrong and Gt decals on rear corners are in wrong font....has been a few shortcuts taken here in reguards to this GT

Would b nicer with correct decal package.....stripes are wrong and Gt decals on rear corners are in wrong font....has been a few shortcuts taken here in reguards to this GT
Thanks, that makes me feel a little better about my hunch, that there's never just a single corner being cut. It's a fabulous car, though, and far better than any restoration I could do. And unless I hit the lottery, far better than any car I will ever own. (even if I could afford it, I'd be too afraid somethign would happen to it, so would never buy it)

Seems to me anyone that could go to all that trouble to make that car attractive and leaves it with the nose so high is suspect as not being a car guy. Never mind all the other goofs I didn't notice.

Last edited:
It's all about the coin....on the good side the few issues l can see can be corrected relatively cheaply and easy....hopefully body ect are solid and not fulla hidden bondo.......

Yes it is all about coin and then enthusiasts I guess.

as Dave wrote: rarity&popularity make a major part of the value.

A 1971 SFGT in brown met with steering column auto and bench seat in the same condition might only have a price of 20-22k in the same condition while the tx9 black car with buckets and console brings 35k$

Carsten

So what is a TX9 70 GT numbers matching restoration project worth? How about a TX9 71 GT numbers matching project????

It's all about the coin....on the good side the few issues l can see can be corrected relatively cheaply and easy....hopefully body ect are solid and not fulla hidden bondo.......
That's what I started to wonder about also, how much nice work would end up not being so nice in person. I didn't even notice the stripe issues until you pointed them out, I wonder if those stripes would come off easily, or would paint damage occur? The adapters used to install the wrong size mufflers make me wonder if there are undercarriage deficiencies also, like worn bushings, U-joints, or maybe a brake job that included a set of shoes only and pronounced 'all good'.

OTOH, for probably most of us a ride-level stance is all it needs (and a lower price).

You guys aren't getting it.

You won't find another triple black, extremely well-optioned 71 Sport Fury GT in at least good condition as this car, with seemingly relatively low miles. It doesn't matter if you have to spend a few minutes turning down the torsion bars or fixing up some other stuff.

Guys will pay it.

You guys aren't getting it.

You won't find another triple black, extremely well-optioned 71 Sport Fury GT in at least good condition as this car, with seemingly relatively low miles. It doesn't matter if you have to spend a few minutes turning down the torsion bars or fixing up some other stuff.

Guys will pay it.

I get it too Steve. I've made the same point on other cars.

I've known Scott since 1983. He has the top-quality cars - even has a cool black car hauler (D800) that Cotton Owens had in the '70s and early '80s. I'll have to ask him if he still has the car. Haven't seen it in quite a while. And yes, it's probably the cleanest one you're likely to run across.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back