For Sale 1972 Dodge Polara police pursuit car - $3500 (Orange county)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aiden, Thanks for your thoughts...for me with nine cars I'm focusing on trying to find a building and/or land and if I buy another car and have 15k into it I cannot do both. What I have been trying to stick to is this "If the car is such a good buy that I should kick myself if I don't buy it" So with that in mind, I will wait. Pete K.

Any of the cop car lads willing to step up - Alan, Ray, Tom, Pete.........?

Please save this car, a rare piece of American iron.

Aidan

Aiden..thanks for thinking of me as well.

I have saved almost 40 of these rigs (Mopars, Fords, Chevys, and ONE Matador) over past 30 years but my "reason" is I am in the "twilight" years of doing that work.

Past ten years has been "thinning the herd" down to those few that will be trailing that long, black Caddie with my mortal remains in it.
:D

seriously i share your hope that someone gets it who can and will put this wonderful piece of law enforcement history back on the road. they were/are magnificent machines!

Ok lads, Matt will sell the car for $2k. He is working on taking more photos, I will post them as soon as they are in my grubby hands.

Aidan

At 2K you have my mind spinning. Problem is that car needs to be stored in a garage to be worked on properly and a 2 car garage won't do. Not when the 2 cars in there have not been out in the night sky in 45 and 32 years.

Low starting bid - No Reserve.
Let the free market speak.

Barring the deadbeat morons, psychopaths, and mental defectives that combination attracts and then rise the to the top.

Low starting bid - No Reserve.
Let the free market speak.

Barring the deadbeat morons, psychopaths, and mental defectives that combination attracts and then rise the to the top.

Too late as there is already one dufus who has bid 12 times, in $5-15 increments, trying to beat the first guy who bid $350.

I am so tempted. This car is only about 60 miles from me and my '69 Polara pursuit needs a beat partner! I don't want some idiot to cut it up or use it for parts. (I also don't want to get divorced! LOL)

I am so tempted. This car is only about 60 miles from me and my '69 Polara pursuit needs a beat partner! I don't want some idiot to cut it up or use it for parts. (I also don't want to get divorced! LOL)

His and Hers?

That is a really well written listing on Ebay for that pursuit. No B.S. and the guy covers all the essentials. He knows his stuff too. Kind of rare these days. If I were 20 years younger and buying instead of selling like I am most of the time these days, I would grab it. Its even in the same area where I live.

I do have a complete two section NOS front valence for a 72 Polara, probably the last one in the world, if someone really is restoring one of those nicely.

copcar3.jpg
dodge623_zps0wtjdqmx.jpg

dodge661_zpsvz0wbcqp.jpg

From the original Minneapolis CL ad back in April, when it was offered up for 2100 obo.

copcar3.jpg

Me either-probably why he doesn't have any pics of the pans or frame. Roof looks like it was smashed pretty good too. Also ad states it was "barn stored"- pretty wide open barn!
Still probably worth saving if there is a frame left.

That looks pretty good for a Minnesota car. Surprising how little some cars rot when sitting for long periods. Others rot faster. Must be the type of dirt???

Anyone know what county it was from?

No idea what county. Yes, you are correct that the upper surface looks pretty good. Pretty telling that the seller hasn't posted any pics of the bottom. My guess is that there isn't much left after siting in the mud for who knows how long. Also, its very tough to repair a roof properly when its been smashed like that one was. Seller probably pushed it out through the headliner to make it look better for pictures.

s-l1600.jpg

It looks like the seller took the crunched light bar off of this car and slapped it on to the other cop car he has for sale on ebay.

I sold the guy the 75, it is a pretty good car although the motor needs to be gone through.

I have to invoke the THREE RULES, plus I'd have to see underneath it first. Watching from the sidelines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back