1972 Fury coupe cop car

olds

Reaction score
Here is my 1972 Fury coupe cop car, ex North Dakota Highway patrol car, still has the siren...

72 fury 3 f.jpg

72 fury 3 r.jpg

72 fury 3 engine.jpg

Nice car, always suprises me to see a small block in these.

top picture has a badge thats says 440 but theres a small block in it was the motor swapped

I LOVE (!!!!) that car.
If I had it, there would be a 440 back in the suckah before you could blink.

Especially a North Dakota Highway Patrol car.........its all highway.

Fender tag photo please

The car has a 318ci, previous owner jut put 440ci emblems on the fender for fun..
I go by what told me previous owner , car is supposed to be North Dakota Highway patrol car, still has the siren, have some paperwork, pins , sticker on the car from North Dakota highway patrol..
I have the original invoice from Miller Motors, Highway 94 west, VALEY CITY, ND 58072

The car has a 318ci, previous owner jut put 440ci emblems on the fender for fun..
I go by what told me previous owner , car is supposed to be North Dakota Highway patrol car, still has the siren, have some paperwork, pins , sticker on the car from North Dakota highway patrol..
I have the original invoice from Miller Motors, Highway 94 west, VALEY CITY, ND 58072

Regardless of the background, I love the car.
Hard to imagine a HWP car coming with a 318 and being a 2 door hardtop.
Of course a pic of the speedo and the VIN plate(s).
Aw, the heck with it. How about a ton more pictures. It's cool.:thumbsup:

Damn, I hate it when Stans right.

How do fellows know what State had in a specific year? I can understand California or New York but North Dakota:reading:

Damn, I hate it when Stans right.

How do fellows know what State had in a specific year? I can understand California or New York but North Dakota:reading:

Well for one its was data collected from LEAA Law Enforcement Assistance Administration Grants involving patrol cars and information files in 1972. Its lists the detail of patrol car purchases by police dept. for 1972. North Dakota paid 2614.00 for the Olds as compared to 3569.00 Texas pd. for Fury III .
http://www.archives.gov/research/guide-fed-records/groups/423.html
You can find the information in Chrysler-Dodge-Plymouth police cars 1956-1978 By Edwin Sanow & John Bellah..too.

Looks great but no 140 speedo makes it highly unlikely it was a built for duty police car.

Well for one its was data collected from LEAA Law Enforcement Assistance Administration Grants involving patrol cars and information files in 1972. Its lists the detail of patrol car purchases by police dept. for 1972. North Dakota paid 2614.00 for the Olds as compared to 3569.00 Texas pd. for Fury III .
http://www.archives.gov/research/guide-fed-records/groups/423.html
You can find the information in Chrysler-Dodge-Plymouth police cars 1956-1978 By Edwin Sanow & John Bellah..too.

Thank You..................thats a good answer!

Last edited:
Back