For Sale 1977 Dodge Royal Monaco Brougham Station Wagon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I checked some of the prices of other cars that dealer has for sale....WOW Lakeland Lash of the north! 30k for a CJ-7?, 50k for a Wagoneer?
That is one beautiful wagon, but over priced like most of his other stuff from this vintage. 24k for a 73 Pontiac wagon for example.
I think Stan hit it spot on with 12-13k, get in and enjoy like Kevin said.
Excuse me, I'm fairly new here.. what is a "Lakeland Lash"?

You've been here 2.5 years. That's 2 years longer than necessary to have learned the answer to that question!
:rofl:

Lakeland Lash refers to a particular car broker that finds some really nice cars to sell and sits on them for an exhorbitant price. He also gets some sketchy (?) cars and details them to the bone (for the same target price).

Either category is then photographed with super-saturation, making all the colors pop unrealistically, with the intent of making the masses say 'OMG, gotta buy this car!'

His ebay listings can be spotted with just a glance at the thumbnail pic that pops up in whatever category he's selling in.

You've been here 2.5 years. That's 2 years longer than necessary to have learned the answer to that question!
:rofl:
Ah true, 2.5 years ago I arrived.. It was a set it and forget it situation. Only recently have I become active on the forums and aware of this LL.

Last edited:
Lakeland Lash refers to a particular car broker that finds some really nice cars to sell and sits on them for an exhorbitant price. He also gets some sketchy (?) cars and details them to the bone (for the same target price).

Either category is then photographed with super-saturation, making all the colors pop unrealistically, with the intent of making the masses say 'OMG, gotta buy this car!'

His ebay listings can be spotted with just a glance at the thumbnail pic that pops up in whatever category he's selling in.
Lakeland, Florida? Is this that Michael Calhoun and his MJC outfit?

How funny. Then it was Lakeland Lash who outbid me on ebay two years ago for a very clean 69 Sport Fury (this right before I got my darling GG). My limit was between 7-9000.. he won at 9200 I think. He tried to sell it back to me
for 22500... 18500 "unrefreshed".. and 17500 if I picked it up myself.
I declined and kept searching until I eventually found what I happily have now.

Last edited:
Lakeland, Florida? Is this that Michael Calhoun and his MJC outfit?
Yes, Lakeland FL.
I don't remember the name, but there is another seller on ebay with very similar photography style, listing test fonts and colors, and overall presentation. I suspect they are 'related' somehow, but don't have any further info about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back