Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Contact seller
1978 AMC Concord - 19k Original Miles

01111_4MdGEbqIBNy_600x450.jpg

00E0E_4b5Xk3rkpBd_600x450.jpg

00o0o_iXCa0y5yWH5_600x450.jpg

00w0w_8IMrkw6qtTH_600x450.jpg

Selling my 1978 AMC Concord with only 19k original miles. It has manual steering (not too high effort), manual brakes, automatic transmission, no AC (heat works), and 258ci (4.2L) inline 6-cylinder engine with 2bbl carb. Car still has original AMC radiator hoses on it.

I have owned this car for about 7 years, and have enjoyed it as a summertime cruiser. I bought it in Denver, CO with only 15k miles on it and drove it home to Michigan without issue. In other words, this car has never seen salt and it shows. You won't find a cleaner/more rust free AMC of this generation. Take a look at the undercarriage photo. Super clean.

Please understand that this is an original condition car that is almost 40 years old. It has not been restored, and is not in mint condition car. While it is very nice, and the paint is quite good overall with a pretty nice shine, it does have some scratches/dents/dings/imperfections/etc.

In the time I have owned it, I have performed the following maintenance items: tires (virtually new), partial exhaust, water pump (bearing was getting noisy on old one), alternator, spark plugs, wires, rebuilt the original carb, front brake pads (old ones weren't worn, just squeaky and dried out), distributor cap and rotor, and flushed the coolant. Car drives great. Always starts easily, idles perfectly, and never stalls. Tracks down the road straight.

While I have very much enjoyed this car, I'm now married, and have two classic cars in the garage while my wife's car sits outside. You can guess my reason for selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back