1978 Chrysler New Yorker

All things considered it looks great. Apart from the wheels maybe, the rest, like the Texas badging and barb wire pinstripe are subtle - not like it rides on 26" tires and has a continental kit. The horns are expected in Texas I suppose.

Brilliant job Kenneth, you can be proud of your work.

I just do what they request and when someone spends 30k totally going through a 77 New Yorker they can have it built exactly like they want.
Yep, if they're going to pay and nothing is going to be so bad it's unsafe... I understand... did it come with a T-shirt?
s-l1000.jpg
or a sticker?
Limited-Edition.jpg

I like the part about it now extra-violating Euro NCAP pedestrian safety rules.

See? I said something nice.

upper.png

All things considered it looks great. Apart from the wheels maybe, the rest, like the Texas badging and barb wire pinstripe are subtle - not like it rides on 26" tires and has a continental kit. The horns are expected in Texas I suppose.

Brilliant job Kenneth, you can be proud of your work.

The wheels were definitely not my choice and he does have a set of 500’s and the original road wheels for it. At least they were willing to put the money into a car most people would not and save it. This will be used to pickup guests at the airport and take them to their cattle ranch. At least they didn’t just go buy a new Escalade and sell this to a derby guy.

Pictures please.....
Pictures won’t show anything on the Ac. There are 2 switches hidden in the glove box along with the temperature control knob. One switch is for the fan and one for the Ac compressor. When the car comes back for its 1,000 mile checkup the fan switch will be replaced with a variable speed switch.
The dash controls still operate the defrost, dash, and floor doors. It’s all simple to do, will get your Ac/heat operational and there is no need to remove any of the dash.

Pictures won’t show anything on the Ac. There are 2 switches hidden in the glove box along with the temperature control knob. One switch is for the fan and one for the Ac compressor. When the car comes back for its 1,000 mile checkup the fan switch will be replaced with a variable speed switch.
The dash controls still operate the defrost, dash, and floor doors. It’s all simple to do, will get your Ac/heat operational and there is no need to remove any of the dash.

Blasphemy I say.... blasphemy!!! You should have just fixed the ATC! Way cooler than playing with your newfound knob.

Seriously.... nice save and a way cooler ride to the ranch than an Escalade.

My clients also want the darnedest things too. I feel you!

Please post us some pics with the hood open.

Javier

Heck, I don't even feel bad with what I'm doing to my NYB.....

For those of us with those darn ATCII systems, if you could give us a play by play, parts list and details as to how you did it.. would be much appreciated. Thankfully mine works as it should.. But! **** happens and it may not one day. Thanks for saving her as well..

For those of us with those darn ATCII systems, if you could give us a play by play, parts list and details as to how you did it.. would be much appreciated. Thankfully mine works as it should.. But! **** happens and it may not one day. Thanks for saving her as well..
Play by Play:
1. Run fused wire to an aftermarket variable blower switch then directly to blower motor.
2. Run fused wire to an aftermarket on/off toggle switch to compressor.
3. Run fused wired to an aftermarket 12V variable switch and then to 12V variable coolant valve.
Bundle all the switches in gobs of duct tape and stuff it in the glove compartment.

control.jpg

Screenshot_2018-08-01-12-11-23.jpg

Recirculate/Fresh air door in heater box rendered useless.
Blend door in heater box rendered useless.

I have spent YEARS thinking through ATC II systems.

Last edited:
Play by Play:
1. Run fused wire to an aftermarket variable blower switch then directly to blower motor.
2. Run fused wire to an aftermarket on/off toggle switch to compressor.
3. Run fused wired to an aftermarket 12V variable switch and then to 12V variable coolant valve.
Bundle all the switches in gobs of duct tape and stuff it glove compartment.

View attachment 203311
View attachment 203312

Recirculate/Fresh air door in heater box rendered useless.
Blend door in heater box rendered useless.

I have spent YEARS thinking through ATC II systems.

Kenneth,

Thanks for the post of how you bypassed the ATC system and got cold air out of it.

I get that the drive train was your focus and the optional subsystems on the car were not. Bravo on the drive train although I’d still love to see under the hood of that Texas Tribute you built.

The last thing I would do would be to ever “mess with Texas”... but....

That “system” you described above should work well in A/C mode yet.... only barely in heater or defrost mode without the direction and blend doors. You left no way to direct the air through the heater core or move that air to the vents that will do the most good for heating, proper defrosting or air conditioning.

But then again, it’s Texas and who needs a heater or a defroster that will actually send dehumidified hot air.

It only took me 4 months to read the FSM, research and figure it out completely, acquire all the needed parts and then some and.....completely overhaul it back to full working condition..... on my off time while also repairing and refurbishing a lot of the other systems on the car that came with it.

I felt your pain. But....

It can be done!

If you want a manual conversion for your ATC II to an A/C and marginal heating system ...... there you have it gentlemen

Javier.... aka Spartacus

I think everyone should do what ever he/she likes to do, but why a fuel injection system?

Back