2016 Turkey Rod Run in Daytona

"Guys i talked to say more sales probably occurred at the Bel-Aire mall cruise-in every day all day and night. Guys were there at 6:30 this morning. Friday night N. Atlantic avenue was starting to look like Woodward Dream Cruise Week".

The Bel-Aire mall is a better show then the Turkey Run IMHO. Last time we attended was three years ago and most of the cars pictured here were there then. Swap meet sucks.
The crusing on Atlantic blvd was fun but last time there was grid lock. I'm done with the Turkey Run.

It's too close to home to not want to do something... but I may try the outside shows next year.

"Guys i talked to say more sales probably occurred at the Bel-Aire mall cruise-in every day all day and night. Guys were there at 6:30 this morning. Friday night N. Atlantic avenue was starting to look like Woodward Dream Cruise Week".

The Bel-Aire mall is a better show then the Turkey Run IMHO. Last time we attended was three years ago and most of the cars pictured here were there then. Swap meet sucks.
The crusing on Atlantic blvd was fun but last time there was grid lock. I'm done with the Turkey Run.

Exactly!
The motel i like was less than a mile walk to Bel-Aire Mall.
Daytona Beach weather at T'giving is just right for me. My trip is more vacation than car show.
I was thinking of just passing on the T'Run also and staying at the beach.
I was also reminded how annoying some "car guys" can be. They stay out late cruising then get pissed at a couple of us at the motel that wouldn't move our cars so they could all park their cars together. Like i'm coming down from the 8th fl. at 11:00 pm to move my car! Their cars had to be the loudest pieces of sh** i heard all week.

Not often.....but I'll have to cross this off the must do list.

Will goes to A LOT of shows.....I think it's his unofficial job. So I'm 100% good with his recommendations.

I'm sure Carlisle does Ford and GM better also.
This thing has grown out of control since i last attended.
I'm still looking over my shoulder for speeding golf carts and scooters!:wtf:

I'm sure Carlisle does Ford and GM better also.
This thing has grown out of control since i last attended.
I'm still looking over my shoulder for speeding golf carts and scooters!:wtf:
You live on my street??

You will see a lot of golf carts and 4 wheelers in my little town (with a trailer hauling beer) because the losers lost their driver licences because of DWI's.

It's a humongous GM and Ford show.
The swap may have had something I didn't find... but most of it is the all the cheap repop crap off of EB and overpriced at that... found very little Mopar, and nothing Formal... I didn't run at my usual pace, my back has been flared up a bit and I didn't want to push Bill too hard.

If I make it to my 70's I only hope to be half as active as he is. He has been a really great friend and neighbor, he grew up in the area and has lots of race stories from the days when there was a lot more of it around. He has taken me up to New Smyrna Speedway with some of his old racing buddies... It has been a privilege to share some their memories and also those of some members here.

The swap may have had something I didn't find... but most of it is the all the cheap repop crap off of EB and overpriced at that... found very little Mopar, and nothing Formal... I didn't run at my usual pace, my back has been flared up a bit and I didn't want to push Bill too hard.

If I make it to my 70's I only hope to be half as active as he is. He has been a really great friend and neighbor, he grew up in the area and has lots of race stories from the days when there was a lot more of it around. He has taken me up to New Smyrna Speedway with some of his old racing buddies... It has been a privilege to share some their memories and also those of some members here.

My nephew (from Milwaukee) goes to some uber dirt track race at New Smyrna in January/February I think. Not interesting to me so I don't follow it.

My nephew (from Milwaukee) goes to some uber dirt track race at New Smyrna in January/February I think. Not interesting to me so I don't follow it.
I enjoy it, but am not going to ever be a regular. It's nice to go when I can and Bill really just wants to do select events. Barberville is the dirt track by there, but I think all those places go nuts all through speed weeks. I enjoy being a spectator... I have declined the opportunity to sleep in a lawn chair waiting for the next part to fall off at the Rolex 24. I work with a guy who has mostly been doing the historic races, he never needs help... but I may tag along someday. I haven't watched an entire Nascar race since Tony ran over the kid.

Even if a show gets a bad review I still need to go once . Then it gets crossed off the list.

Even if a show gets a bad review I still need to go once . Then it gets crossed off the list.
Well don't get me wrong... I had a very nice time. Good company makes a big difference. There were lots of cars that I really liked, but who would have guessed there were as many Buicks as Mopars in there. I have a coworker with a nice GTO that I would have liked to find, but I've seen it before. He says the swap and crowd gets a lot more reasonable Sunday(he does the entire event), but I saw nothing to bring me back. I didn't even get my "goody bag"... and I'm happy with my day spent there.

I still think next year I will try the cruise spots... and I still don't know if I trust the idiots enough to drive an Imperial up there.

BTW, time off in July has been approved... now I just need to work out my trip details. This year I will be mixing spending time with family with some parts gathering and I hope to put together some nice junkyard locations. Hauling stuff is going to be much harder with a nice car.

Back