360 4 bbl intake

tbm3fan

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
I have been looking into obtaining the above intake for future use on my 360 with 2 bbl intake. Don't want an aftermarket. Now my question pertains to the port size. Is there just one version of the 4 bbl for use on all LA engines or were there different versions based on engine size?

Check the intake manifold gasket listings at www.RockAuto.com between 318, 340, and 360 LA motors. As for the aftermarket Edelbrocks, only one normal dual-plane LA 4bbl intake, with the thermostat housing pad allowing the different clocking of the thermostat housing on the manifold, to clear the Denso a/c compressor for 1980+ model years. 1979 and prior used the RV-2 compressor.

I suspect there is a list of OEM LA 4bbl intake manifold casting numbers somewhere online? Might also include port sizes?

Might be that the intake port sizes are all pretty much the same, just using the intake valve size to "correct" for engine size and application? With 340HPs having 2.02/1.60 valves initially, but 340-360HPs later having 1.88 intakes, as the normal 360 2bbl does. Not to forget the affect of exhaust manifolding plays into this deal, too.

Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Back