Status
Not open for further replies.

Zymurgy

Old Man with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
A post from Vans Auto.

Just got our samples of the new 65 Fury and 65-66 C-Body tanks. Both of these tanks should be available early July and will be galvanized like the originals.

FB_IMG_1528203095502.jpg
FB_IMG_1528203089885.jpg

That's great.
Looking forward to getting mine. I ordered one a couple weeks ago.
Phillip

So what is different from the '67 and up tanks?
Nothing but a 65 tank will fit on a 65. The 65 Fury was a crossover designed by Ford engineers after they were fired and Chrysler hired them. Very hard to get parts for them. Up to this point, if you have a tank for a 65 Fury it is gold and you get them fixed, time after time. That is my experience because I am in the process of getting mine fixed for the third time.

Huh? Ford engineers? Elwood Engel was hired away from Ford and brought his secretary along with him. No big mass of engineers came with him. All 65 "C" bodies were designed at the same time probably in 63. Dad worked a lot of O.T. in 63 on the big all new "C" body push.

I know that the '65 Fury used a quarter panel fuel door/filler tube. The '66 C's had the fuel filler behind the license plate just like the '67's so I am puzzled by what the difference is between a tank for a 66 & a 67.

The 66 has the same layout as the 67, but it was still unique to 66, it is slightly longer. Guys have made the 67 fit. I had so much difficulty getting the rear fill tube gaskets in place on my original tank, I would not have even considered the 67 tank. I am very pleased to see we have an original spec tank now.

The 66 has the same layout as the 67, but it was still unique to 66, it is slightly longer. Guys have made the 67 fit. I had so much difficulty getting the rear fill tube gaskets in place on my original tank, I would not have even considered the 67 tank. I am very pleased to see we have an original spec tank now.

I think the tank I previously bought from Van's is a '67. Maybe I'll hafta buy a correct '66 tank from them now. . .

I went to their site and e-mailed them twice and no response. Does anyong know if it comes with the filler pipe and if straps are available?

I went to their site and e-mailed them twice and no response. Does anyong know if it comes with the filler pipe and if straps are available?
My thoughts exactly. If I do throw a new tank in the 500, I want everything I might need.

Yeah they never responded to my e-mails either. Called them and they were very nice. Don’t know if they have the filler tube,but they do carry the straps.Might be better to call them.

Are the filler tubes the same for Dodge and Plymouth in '66?

My thoughts exactly. If I do throw a new tank in the 500, I want everything I might need.

If you slog your way thru their online catalog, you'll find they have everything you need ( straps, sender, gaskets filler neck, etc.).

If you slog your way thru their online catalog, you'll find they have everything you need ( straps, sender, gaskets filler neck, etc.).
I slog through it and they did not have a filler neck for a 65 Fury.

I know that the '65 Fury used a quarter panel fuel door/filler tube. The '66 C's had the fuel filler behind the license plate just like the '67's so I am puzzled by what the difference is between a tank for a 66 & a 67.
It's a different shape and capacity, at least between a '65 Polara and a '67 Polara.

With all the differences between tanks year to year, how difficult is it going to be to find a Wagon tank for 68 T&C? Think it sits vertical in drivers quarter panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back