65 build sheet?????

redneck

Reaction score
I pulled the back seat out that where I was told the build sheet would be and it is not. Is there any other place it could be? All that was on the bottom of the seat was this little black tag

If I'm not mistaken, the three places are:
Under the back seat, under the passenger seat or on top of the glove box insert? That last one I'm really not sure of but know that it's a really strange place.

Surprised it wasn't in the springs of the back seat bottom... that's where I've always found em.

Back seat bottom is the number 1 place to find them, if there isn't one there it was probably taken out (or eaten by mice).
Top of the glovebox seems to be the second most common location.

Other locations
under the carpet
Inside bucket seat backs
Under the package tray
Stub frame under the bumper bracket
Headliner

Just about anywhere you can throw trash as that is all these were, they were not placed there for future reference and some cars may never have had one or had the wrong one.

Alan

Back seat bottom is the number 1 place to find them, if there isn't one there it was probably taken out (or eaten by mice).
Top of the glovebox seems to be the second most common location.

Other locations
under the carpet
Inside bucket seat backs
Under the package tray
Stub frame under the bumper bracket
Headliner

Just about anywhere you can throw trash as that is all these were, they were not placed there for future reference and some cars may never have had one or had the wrong one.

Alan

Or had two. Your particular build sheet might have ended up in somebody else's car or it might have actually made it to a garbage can which is where Chrysler wanted it to go.

IMHO, your best bet is to post your fender tag to get it decoded and poll the group to see who else has a broadcast sheet for your make of car. You should be able to figure out fairly closely what should be there and what wouldn't have been there.

Back