65 parts????

redneck

Reaction score
Me and my dad bought a 65 fury iii two door hardtop. We need floor pans steering wheel and other parts. Where would a good place to get parts from online. We are making it a show car so we want as close to OEM parts as we can get. And where can I find the build sheet

Last edited:
Your build sheet will likely be between the springs and the foam on the bottom of your back seat.

For pans and panels, there aren't too many good repros made to my knowledge but others may know better. Be prepared to do some fabbing that way!

You should put up a thread in the wanted section for parts specific to the car. There are a lot of dudes up here with a lot of stuff!

Be sure to do a resto thread as well, we love progress!

I have wound up with two 65 furys myself. This forum's classifieds are pretty good. Floor pans are available but quality I don't know. Got pics if your project?

Weather here has been crappy so I haven't had a chance to get pics of it yet. Its a two door ht turquoise interior and baby blue exterior. How do I tell if the block is the right one for the car

On a 65 you can only check the casting date on the block to verify it's an appropriate time frame. They didn't start with putting serials on blocks until 68 or so.

Pretty well any block made 6 months prior to your car's build date would be correct. I've heard of some being a whole year out, but most I've seen tend to be 2-3 months prior. I would imagine high performance motors might have a bigger gap as the castings would essentially be lower in demand from the line.

Me and my dad bought a 65 fury iii two door hardtop. We need floor pans steering wheel and other parts. Where would a good place to get parts from online. We are making it a show car so we want as close to OEM parts as we can get. And where can I find the build sheet

Others have suggested locations for the build sheet. Do you happen to have the fender tag? It's about the size of a credit card with rows of raised letters and numbers on it. This will provide important information concerning the approximate build date of the car as well as some of the major equipment on the car when it was built. Chrysler Historical "May" have the build information on your car. I believe a link to get the details of how to inquire about that is posted elsewhere on this site. Also, as you disassemble the car take at least twice as many photographs as you think you might possibly need. Be especially on the lookout for numbers/dates stamped on the backside of door trim panels, the radio and on tags on wiring harnesses. All of the pieces of the engine and transmission castings will have dates on them, plus the engine itself will have a build date. As others have pointed out, powertrain components build dates can be months prior to the build date of the car, but can also be up to and including the actual build date of the car. My '79 Aspen MDH and engine build date are the same day so it can happen.

Wow! The guys on the lines were hauling tail that day! Think about it, from casting to engine assembly to assembly line in 24 hours. I think that also shows some of the issues some of the later blocks would have as "used" to blocks were cooled slowly over several hours and left to settle. My wife's grandfather used to work in a foundry doing blocks and they said it was several days to fully outgas.

Wow! The guys on the lines were hauling tail that day! Think about it, from casting to engine assembly to assembly line in 24 hours. I think that also shows some of the issues some of the later blocks would have as "used" to blocks were cooled slowly over several hours and left to settle. My wife's grandfather used to work in a foundry doing blocks and they said it was several days to fully outgas.

When I started work in an engine plant, there were some really old guys around from before WWII who talked about castings coming out of the foundry and being piled up outside in the weather for anywhere from a few weeks to a couple of months to "season" them. But the mania for inventory turnover took hold and it wasn't long before I was looking at blocks that were being loaded into the first machine that were still warm. Granted the foundry was about 50' away from the plant I was in, but that kind of told me how desperate they were to keep the line(s) running.

Yes! He talked about seasoning blocks! So he isn't crazy :D

Back