66 fury tach

rd92west

plan C
Reaction score
I recently purchased a 66 fury. the newest delima is the tach. It was bobbing all over the place. I did a search of tachs and found that it appears to be a common practice to upgrade the sender unit. previous to my search I found a invoice to Bobs Speedo Repair in the glove box. for 500 dollar tach repair from 2016.
I took the tach apart and could tell it had been altered. so i phoned Bobs to see if I could find out what might have taken place. the fellow I talked to was quite helpfull in that he confermed the sender was upgraded so some sort of aircraft unit.
it has 3 wires, a orange for the light. and a grey and a red. the guy at bobs said 1 wire goes to - side of the coil and other goes to a ground. but couldn't tell me which wire went were.
I am nervous about frying something.
does anyone have a tach with the Bobs conversion and can tell me which wire goes to coil and which goes to ground.
I should add that Bobs first coice was that I send them the tach. according to other invoices i find in the car there is 4 or 5 thousand miles on the car since the tach was tuned up.
the car has points ignition
thanks
Kevin

Last edited:
Back