69 Superlite setup on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting conversation piece, but I'm not sure about the use and I wouldn't like the assymetric look at all.

I think one on each side would have been better.

Missing a harness or two isnt it Fred?

I was just thinking. What kind of bulb does it use? I'm wondering if you could put a gazillion watt bulb in it.

< Sent from my tablet >

It has a specific bulb to use.

Fred have you found an alternative to the factory bulb

Doesn't look like any buld I have ever seen. I did find out it is an HID bulb.
Wonder if you could adapt somehow a modern HID bulb.

30wuwkh.jpg

Doesn't look like any buld I have ever seen. I did find out it is an HID bulb.
Wonder if you could adapt somehow a modern HID bulb.

30wuwkh.jpg

20rped.jpg

Looks quite like a European H1 bulb to me, the glass is a bit different but it could fit. They were not of the sealed beam type, was that a reason they were discontinued ? Some legal issues ?

th.jpg

th.jpg

Last edited:
Looks quite like a European H1 bulb to me, the glass is a bit different but it could fit. They were not of the sealed beam type, was that a reason they were discontinued ? Some legal issues ?

View attachment 8267
From Wiki (so it must be true- lol!)

Dodge dropped the "Super-Lite" option at the end of the 1970 model year because of lack of consumer interest and various challenges to its legality in certain states.

And I would try that H1 if I had a SuperLite.

Think I read about legal issues as well somewhere in the past.
Just recently bought a little left over old stock of these H1 types for 1 EURO a piece, got three cars that use these.

I have got two 1970 NOS lights and one used one ......a complete 1970 wiring harness with switch, bracket and relays and a NOS 70 Grille.

with no intentione of using any of it

I know what you mean. They'll need a big waste bucket when I'm gone. :)

Your heirs will be totally clueless on how to handle your eclectic estate but at least you won't be caring.

I don't even know who my heirs will be.

Shipping costs will be higher than what it's worth. You would have a couple 1of1 cars though, at least in the US and lots of German car mags where you could only use the pics I guess.

I've seen those German mags with all those pictures..........
You people have no shame over there. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back