6al opinions

Kinda like doin fish tails on the dirt back roads or in the snow. It's much better to do it than watch it. It like one continuos fish tail! Why do it, believe it or not it does take of skill to master. Probly a bit more than 500+ left hand turns at 170mph.

I was "drifting" 50 years ago. It was part of every 16 year old's repetoir of driving techniques. Nowadays? Pfffttt....

IMO, drifters stole the technique from rally drivers, who drift around corners to keep momentum and speed up. That has a point. Other than showing that you have skill, I don't see the point/fun of watching drifting on pavement. I do like the crashes though, especially the guy who has no money showing off in his daily driver!

IMO, drifters stole the technique from rally drivers, who drift around corners to keep momentum and speed up. That has a point. Other than showing that you have skill, I don't see the point/fun of watching drifting on pavement. I do like the crashes though, especially the guy who has no money showing off in his daily driver!
That makes a little sense. Supposedly it was in the mountains of Japan. I do believe he was a rally driver too. Rally racing would be my choice if I had one. I can imagine doin a buck 20 through the woods on my way to grandmas house!

Make sure you make the connections so you can disconnect it and run the ign without it still! I had a box fail on me and it left me no choice but to call the tow... car runs just fine with only the pertronix now.

Make sure you make the connections so you can disconnect it and run the ign without it still! I had a box fail on me and it left me no choice but to call the tow... car runs just fine with only the pertronix now.
That's good advice! Unfortunately the P/O had a HEI converter inside of the points distributor and as of right now I only have a HEI distributor for my 413. So if the box fails....it's on the truck me too!

Oh I'm so ashamed Stan. I've never told ah soul 'bout my youthful crazy timez with the ole' '47 Pontiac. You wouldn't believe what can be done to a 270 Jimmy when it's been tweaked and haz 6 Rochester's hangin' off the side of it,lol

Back