For Sale 71 Plymouth Sport Fury $1500

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFearlessFury

Reaction score
Contact seller
As some of you know I've been doing some pricing on rust repairs for my Fury and it seems as though I can't afford to make the repairs and I don't have the means to do it myself either. It sucks but that's the way it is.

So as I said earlier I'd like to give you guys the first shot at my Fury, you've taught me a lot and it would be nice if my car could go to someone here, either as a project or as a parts car. I'm not considering parting it out at this time though, so it would have to be the whole thing.

Anyhow some info, my Fury is a 71 hardtop coupe sport fury. It has a 360 LA engine that is original to the car, the engine itself has a new timing chain and gear, new lifters and pushrods, new sparkplugs and sparkplug cables, a new battery, all new hoses, and a 600cfm 4bbl edelbrock carburator. As well as a new low rise intake, also edelbrock. It also has a modified kickdown linkage that's adjustable, so the entire thing works great.

The engine itself could use a tuneup or maybe a timing adjustment. As it idles a little off (it never stalls though) but out accelerates quickly and smoothly. The transmission works fine aside from not having park, probably the result of a broken parking pin. Although sometimes on rare occasions park works.

The Fury has all new tires, hardly more then a thousand miles on them as well as new front brake pads. The car also has a new radiator and a new gas tank, a new fuel pump, and a new water pump. As well as a new 2.25 inch dual H pipe exhaust system that was professionally installed.

All the glass and nearly all the trim is there (the only trim I don't have is the vinyl roof trim.)

Now onto the bad
The drivers side front fender is a little rusty, the drivers side window sill has a few rust holes, the dash is badly cracked, and the rear quarters will require extensive rust repairs. Also the rear window channel will probably need to be repaired due to rust damage.

The engine appears to run fine, it was thought to have a knock but since I've tightened the engine mounts, replaced the fan and the oil pump I can't hear anything (aside from a small rattle coming from the oil slinger plate) the car runs and accelerates fine, so at this point I believe that it was a misdiagnosis due to my relatively limited experience with working on cars.

Anyhow I'm looking for $1500 out of the car, which is more than I've put into it just in parts alone as you could probably see. But we all have an idea what these cars are worth and I believe this is a pretty fair asking price all things considered.

20160906_123022.jpg

Link to the cars thread if you haven't seen it.
'71 Sport Fury

Anyhow you guys have been great and I'd love to stick around even if I don't have a C body around just to keep up on what's going on here.

This is just your first C-body. Another one will come your way. :)
Thanks commando, I'd love to get into a forward look, either way though I'll stick around, I'm sure you guys Will be able to give me tips on just about anything

A wise older friend of mine, who knew me back in my car-swapping days, once told me to not get too excited about grabbing the first 'gotta have it' car that came along. He told me to save my money for a better one -- because every few months I'd show him something on ebay that was better than the last one.

Just don't save so long that you never buy anything!

I admire your tenacity,,you gave the car the very best you have . You will find your dream car I am sure.

Should the green 71 Fury in AZ be in consideration here???
Is that a better mid-stream horse to jump onto?

A lesson learned, buy the best car you can. If you can't do body work, don't buy a rusty car. It sounds like you have a leg up on parts for a 71, so it would seem wise to go in that direction. It's out there. Good luck and patience will prevail.

Should the green 71 Fury in AZ be in consideration here???
Is that a better mid-stream horse to jump onto?
I was out at Chris' place last weekend picking up some Fury buckets I bought. The green car is in really nice shape for the money. I'm really surprised no one has jumped on it. I told him if it was a '70, I would have bought it a long time ago. Big John's idea is a good one even considering shipping costs, if you ask me.

I was out at Chris' place last weekend picking up some Fury buckets I bought. The green car is in really nice shape for the money. I'm really surprised no one has jumped on it. I told him if it was a '70, I would have bought it a long time ago. Big John's idea is a good one even considering shipping costs, if you ask me.

Yes, or keep an eye out for another that's closer

Yes, or keep an eye out for another that's closer

Or pay for someone to go through the engine, brakes, and fuel system and just drive it back to WI. It's only got 60K on it. That's nothing. Drove my old Sport Fury with 160K on the 318 from AZ to NYC and back to Cali without issue....

I think I gotta give it a pass unfortunately, if I get another fury I'd really want a '64 or a '60. Maybe a slab side fastback or two door

Damn, that would have been a deal, I already sold the Fury though. Maybe I should send the guy who bought it a link though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back