For Sale 71 Polara Brougham 4Dr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some photos I took of it when I went and looked at it.

IMAG4175.jpg

IMAG4177.jpg

IMAG4178.jpg

IMAG4179.jpg

What's the spare fender tag belong to in that last group?

Ahhh . . . the memories.

Learned to drive on a 71 Monaco 4-door HT. Same color combo as this one (or, maybe, GK6 dark bronze). Can't recall clearly, just remember that these colors really did "shift" depending on the way the light hit them. Ours had a black interior. An absolutely beautiful car.

I really loved the concave back glass on the 4-door hardtops . . . I thought it lent a really classy and elegant look to the design. Looked real good on the Fury hardtops, as well.

As good as these cars looked, I have to admit it was probably the most mechanically troublesome car we ever owned. Chronic overheating which nobody ever solved, windows fell out of their tracks, shift linkage fell apart, windshield wiper linkage fell apart. Remember driving through Morgantown WV one summer afternoon, in a blinding thunderstorm, w/ my buddy Jim hanging out the pass window, flipping the wipers back-and-forth.

Ahhh . . . the memories!

I really loved the concave back glass on the 4-door hardtops . . . I thought it lent a really classy and elegant look to the design. Looked real good on the Fury hardtops, as well.
the memories!

The exact reason I dislike the hardtops, that back window is hideous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back