SOLD 722.6 transmission fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.

cantflip

Old Jagoff with a Hat
FCBO Gold Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
18 quarts... $100 for all OBO... can deliver to Carlisle, I'm not at all sure what shipping would be... nobody seems to like shipping oil.

P5210015.JPG
P5210005.JPG
P5210009.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks John... I just finished working with the 710 fluid a while ago and though it was time to clear some shelf space. I was about to add some information though... may as well be here.

722.6 is the Benz transmission Chrysler inherited... this stuff was/is stupid expensive. I had it stored for many years in my shed, as the labels show... I wiped them down and can bring them to Carlisle if anyone is interested. They considered this a lifetime fluid, so I'm not concerned about it's age... but I've been wasting space on it for 15 years if that matters to someone. 18 sealed quarts.

For the NAG1 trans that Chrysler uses right?
I couldn't tell you the Chrysler designation... MB was 722.6

Earlier MB transmission used Dexron 2 or 3 and later used a different fluid.

With my employee price this stuff was $16 per quart. I hear it's over $20 now.

@Dobalovr may chime in at will, if he likes, as to what this stuff goes for from Chrysler.

Last edited:
Why would I want to put Benz fluid in a Mopar? Just makes no sense to me.

The NAG1 trans that Mopar uses in some models is a Mercedes trans.
I left the Chrysler products in 98... My experience with these 5 speed autos was always trouble when incorrect fluids were used. But I have no idea if I am inline here or not, regarding Mopar recommendations. Alldata TSB reprints tell me not to use +4 in these boxes and the internet is full of geniuses who want to use +4 or whatever snake oil they are selling. I'll dig around to see if I still have anything else for a 722.6 to sweeten the pot with. But I won't feel bad if nobody here has use for it. I have some other Benz parts that are going to Ebay eventually anyhow... this was only put here in case it could help someone.

The A580 five speed transmission in the LX cars - 2005 and up 300, Charger, Magnum - is an identical clone of the Mercedes E-class transmission. I worked at Chrysler then, you NEED to use the MB fluid in these units. Mopar eventually sold an identical fluid, but all are pricey.

Last call on this fluid delivered to Carlisle... next week I will kill the ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back