'73 Fury Lower Ball Joints..

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been putting this off for the seven years I've had the car, because I never expected the damned thing to last this long. I need the lower ball joints for my '73 Fury II with disc brakes. I've been neglecting them, because my car is in rougher shape than most of the "parts cars" I've seen for sale on many a forum. It has been one of the most reliable, and faithful vehicles I've ever owned, despite me getting it for free, and it having a neighborhood watch sign as a floorboard. At any rate, I've done a search of the forum, and keep seeing these ball joints listed for around $300 total. This is worth more than my car. I was wondering if you guys had an updated source for these buggers. I kind of see it as an investment at this point, because when the Fury finally goes terminal I'll yank the front end out from under it and put it under my next C-body. That being said, I own 5 other rare (because rust ate the rest of them) antiques, and need to keep to some semblance of a budget. Any thoughts?

Matt

Kernel Sanders,

I got the flea-bay units, thanks!.. Those boxes look old enough to predate the invasion of cheap chinese crap car parts.. I think the company is Dutch..

FuryIII,

I didn't know about that website, thanks! I'll keep them in mind for the future

Good luck with that one. My NAPA Prolink page indicates the RPC 10167 (left side) and the 10166 (right side) fitting the 1965 - 1973 C-Bodies, but they are no longer serviced. Check around. You'd think for such a broad application as that, somebody has a stash or is still producing them somewhere. We are all going to need them sooner or later.

You can still get new units from PST.

PST # BJ 10220 and BJ 10221 - $65 each

After some research, here's the good news. Rare Parts in Stockton, California manufactures them new three times stronger than OEM. Check out their website. FCRC Machine has them on sale for $87.99 each. The part numbers are 10166 & 10167. Get 'em while they're hot! Such a deal. Check out their website.

I don't know what that means either..... it is supposed to say " what MAKES them three times stronger" compared to OEM?

Those ball joints were always twice the price of GM units. They are so easy to do too. The later years went to a pressed version and the arm was separate.

Back