For Sale 77 Cordoba 400 HP

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I could get my car sold, this would certainly be in my top 5 to look at as my next ride. I like different and between the exterior color and interior decor, makes it different enough for me.

If I could get my car sold, this would certainly be in my top 5 to look at as my next ride. I like different and between the exterior color and interior decor, makes it different enough for me.
Hello John. Want me to look at another car?

1500 is too low. 5k looks good to me. A little high sure.. But these cars don't pop up in this good of shape often. Trunk lid doesn't look riddled with rust, v roof looks decent, and windshield seems good (seems forgotten Bs always have a bad windshield). If the bottom is as clean, worth it to me. On top of that as mentioned shes a real eye catcher.

My sister had a 77 , blue with a light blue top, seats with console, 400-4 barrel. What a beautiful car

1500 is too low. 5k looks good to me. A little high sure.. But these cars don't pop up in this good of shape often. Trunk lid doesn't look riddled with rust, v roof looks decent, and windshield seems good (seems forgotten Bs always have a bad windshield). If the bottom is as clean, worth it to me. On top of that as mentioned shes a real eye catcher.
$1500 is a cheap refrigerator at Lowes. This appears to be nice car.

Agreed, White and red only 79 300s, with a few red cars out there, and 360. MEH!
This one needs a sunroof, then I could see 6k. 4 to 4800 tops.
Not a T-top fan at all!

I would give him $5k for the Doba. Very cool!
As would I. The pictures don't do the car justice, though. The 75-77 models have appreciated considerably in the last couple years. And just a paint job on any old car is at least 3500 Bucks. So 5k Isn't squat for a nice Two door driver.8K is too high for a column shift car, though. as far as T-tops, no thanks. I had two, and both leaked, and they were only three years old at the time. I think the car would get a better reception on the FBBO site.

The same person also has this for sale. Not even a MOPAR but look @ the condition of it, how clean under the hood, etc. My guess is the Cordoba is just as nice......impressive for an unrestored car. Really likes his orange too, I wonder if his name is Dave.
1979 MERCURY COUGAR XR7

cou1.jpg

cou2.jpg

cou3.jpg

The same person also has this for sale. Not even a MOPAR but look @ the condition of it, how clean under the hood, etc. My guess is the Cordoba is just as nice......impressive for an unrestored car. Really likes his orange too, I wonder if his name is Dave.
1979 MERCURY COUGAR XR7
No A/C...
00000_jbgdL1KVZnk_1200x900.jpg

Last edited:
as far as T-tops, no thanks. I had two, and both leaked, and they were only three years old at the time.

At this point of the cars life it would see limited rain duty, very limited. A T bar roof is far more open than a sunroof. I had one that leaked real bad too , to this day it is my worst car selling mistake. Obviously a flavor thing but I love the T

At this point of the cars life it would see limited rain duty, very limited. A T bar roof is far more open than a sunroof. I had one that leaked real bad too , to this day it is my worst car selling mistake. Obviously a flavor thing but I love the T
I loved the car, a 1978 Magnum GT Pearl White and white Buckets and red everywhere else. By 1981 the tops leaked, but to me it was a design flaw. Every time you wanted to remove them the seals of the top chafed the seals in the roof. and, eventually wore through enough to let water in.

That makes sense ...Never really thought of it. I paid $400 for this car 20 years ago. It was a well optioned 82 non CMX . I loved this car
scan0019.jpg

1979 MERCURY COUGAR XR7

This car is a conundrum. It sold the most units in 1979 (179,000) than any year before or after starting in 1967 - 1997. However, as a Cougar owner, it is treated the same way a Mustang II is treated by Mustang owners. This car is really an intermediate Mercury version of the Thunderbird. Today, this car has no real following at all. I have watched good examples sit on Craigslist for two years with no bites. Prices falling down to $1800. However, it is not the worst. The worst crown goes to the 1980-82 Cougars.

In support of the 400 HP car, it comes with other things people don't realize. 9 1/4 Limited slip rear, 727 HD no lockup, and factory dual exhaust. In addition, many came with factory P.S. cooler, Transmission oil cooler, and 100 amp alternator.Now, I know it is off the topic, sort of. Sorry for that! 1979 Chrysler 300 Wheels on a 77'? would it look goofy or what? The caps say 300, but otherwise are 15X6.5, the original tire sizes will fit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back