For Sale 79 Cordoba Ts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Also... it's is the paint scheme featured on the cover and the centerfold of the '79 brochure. I have Ricardo Montabaln's autograph on mine (no joke). That's one "modern" car that (with the two tone) does need the huge factory whitewall with gold stipe within, to look it's best.

Those tires were a special project between Chrysler and the OEM supplier (Goodyear?) The original design; on paper, was called "Gatsby", as in "the great".

Ive never seen that brochure

Yeah I kinda answered my own question with yours, the ad and the Doba ad all sporting the same paint. Monte's were out first with that style in 74 but I think their big blocks were gone by 75

73 actually, but I dont recall them being 2 tone.
Ive had 2 2nd gen Montes a brown 75 w 350 prior to the doba. The other was a 77 Red/ red sunroof car just after the doba. The 75 was no comparison to the doba. The 77 was a sharp car, quicker off the line. The interior felt alot cheaper to me (plus it was red). The Doba had longer legs and had better creature comforts. The 77 didnt stay long, if it had been a different color that may have changed. It was traded off for a 75 RR sunroof w a burnt out rear end, but thats another story.

Last edited:
Ive never seen that brochure

:)

full pic, though a bit faded.
00-3.jpg

brochure pic, two pages but better color.

00-3-1.jpg
00-3-1.jpg

I would love to get a 79 300. One of those rare white ones...

What kind of suspension mods did you do to the rear of your 79? Looks to sit up nice!

How did that turn out?
Huge difference. It made for a much better looking car. The car was Heather grey, with a light heather padded 1/2 roof. The secondary colour matched the vinyl. The original colour went over the roof between the vinyl and the newly painted front half.

What kind of suspension mods did you do to the rear of your 79? Looks to sit up nice!
Thanks! But I didn't do anything, it was like that when I got it and still haven't figured out why it's like that. Haha. I've stared at it a hundred times on the rack in my shop looking for a clue on why it's like that to no avail. The front was real high too, but I lowered it with the torsion bars. It almost looked like it was 4 wheel drive when I got it. I know they have the police suspension package on them but nothing looks radically different from any others I've seen.
No matter, I love it just the way it is! I took it to a customer of mine and he reworked the original duel exhaust by taking out the cats, and putting flow masters on it. It sounds great! Somewhere in its life the tank was replaced with one that isn't narrowed down for unleaded gas, so I take it to my local airport and put 100 octane av gas in it. It even smells good when it runs!
img_3767-jpg.70192

Huge difference. It made for a much better looking car. The car was Heather grey, with a light heather padded 1/2 roof. The secondary colour matched the vinyl. The original colour went over the roof between the vinyl and the newly painted front half.

Did you happen to have any pics of that one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back