All Wheel Drive Plymouth Cop Car

SeaFuse

Reaction score
From an old Hi-Po Cars Magazine in the basement. If it's of interest to anybody I can scan and post the whole articel These cop cars were equipped with 4-speeds as the GKN t-case wouldnt fit with a 727. Full time all wheel drive.

image.jpeg

that would be a kick to see what was used to fit front drive on those machines . yes i for one would be interested . wouldn't it be cool to resto one of them .

Ok I'll scan it in a couple days after I find it.
The conversion was not performed by Chrysler and was a bit of a, Let's say "professionally engineered hack job." But done pretty well. I used to work with a guy who was on the project.

Did they produce any that actually made it to the street?

Zee-wiz, you have to show us the complete article! A Ferguson four-wheel system?
(It worked on Jensen FF, which all had a Mopar BB, so why not on a C-body?)

did a search on his name and got to pics of a 65 mustang that he had done an all wheel drive to , and the transfer case is used in those awd race trucks .

So, it could be done: take a rusted-out old Jensen FF, transplant the necessary organs, and voila: you have a 4wd C-body. (Finding the donor will prove to be the hardest part.)

So, it could be done: take a rusted-out old Jensen FF, transplant the necessary organs, and voila: you have a 4wd C-body. (Finding the donor will prove to be the hardest part.)

I actually did see a parts-car Jensen a few years ago in a town near Flint, MI... doubt it was an FF.

Back