s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-b200x200.jpg
s-b275x275.jpg
s-b275x275.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
I just grabbed the pics off the ads i bought from. I couldn't get them all big and didn't think it would matter much.

I have mentioned before how much I hate having a pocket full of keys to move cars around. So looking around for a repining kit, I found the blue box... 1980s dealer kit for ignition and door locks (I now have 2 of them), it wasn't complete, but cheap enough to be a win. I had some nice Pentastar blanks so I wanted a punch tool, I have used Model 15's in the past, but I discovered the older model 14's... which I like because they have a built in key gauge for punching duplicates.

Along the way, I discovered the old classic Curtis Bull Dog keys, they went out in the 60's sometime, but I got two displays with lots of keys and tools(never quite a complete set) and cheap. The displays are what a auto parts store would have (auto only) on their counter somewhere to encourage key sales... they date back to the 40's. I liked the Curtis stuff so much I found a deal on an older post style Model F, with the serial number tag the states "Property of Curtis Industries". I believe they had a program where the salesman came around and restocked their stuff so the store would only buy from them... this was once a good profit center for a hardware (maybe still is).

BTW... my most exciting purchase recently was a full case of 4000 headlight bulbs. Now I feel comfortable if I never find anymore.

As I have been slowly acquiring keys when sufficiently cheap and other tools and supplies, I have been wondering if anyone else had interest in this stuff. I have reached out to several locksmith supply houses, thinking that if folks were interested in this I would need to find replacement stock. Thing is, I really don't want to make a job of this... I can get a locksmith license in FL... nothing but a tax ID. I could try to make it a tax write off of some sort, but I'll be damned if I want to be chained to a booth at a car show.

BTW, Dobalovr was good enough to help me find some of the original stuff I was hunting... I have wound up with most of what I wanted. I am still thinking about pinning my glove boxes and deck lids to the same as the ignition... I have a small stash of aftermarket "master keys" which are uncommon and usually used to make "try out keys" so the locksmith doesn't have to learn how to impression a key.

Let me know what you guys think about this, I am not nor will I become a full service locksmith. Just something I amuse myself with when I'm up too early.

I believe they had a program where the salesman came around and restocked their stuff so the store would only buy from them.

I remember using Curtis only blanks and equipment and yes that is correct they came around every 2-3 weeks.

Gonna have to send you all my locks and ignitions for you to rekey....mb just fly you in might be cheaper lol

I remember using Curtis only blanks and equipment and yes that is correct they came around every 2-3 weeks.

Gonna have to send you all my locks and ignitions for you to rekey....mb just fly you in might be cheaper lol
I have one supplier right now who is offering me close to trade pricing, but is stupid slow about everything (months, not even weeks)... I am going to buy some uncoded stuff from them to see how I like it, but the process has been months of emails. I could just pay 4 or 5x more and buy similar crap from the restoration catalogs, but at that rate... why bother.

If things turn out as planned, I will start with the repop stuff... that way I have the original preserved if I want it for some reason. I do have a bunch of non-tilt NOS steering column uncoded cylinders... several are in unopened bags. I have no tilt column cylinders or trunk/golvebox cylinders, yet. That is what I am in process of ordering (no glovebox locks available). If the new repop stuff turns out good, I will let you know.

BTW, I have 2 of the blue kits, the white kit is a 70's kit= 3 kits total. The 70's keys are reproduced, but I haven't found very competitive pricing, yet. You would think I was trying to buy lock picks or something for how hard some suppliers are to deal with. The ones who have allowed me to get an account without a business license, are focused on selling fast moving later model stuff.

That said, I have lots of nice NOS and repop Pentastar 70's blanks, both primary (ign & doors) and secondary (trunk & glovebox). I have a variety of older Pentastar secondary blanks... but am weak on exactly what is appropriate for what cars (I do have old code books to help) including a few boomerang Forward look blanks (no primaries at this time). I grab the keys when I see them cheap, so I could part with them cheap. I have lots of certain older Curtis keys with the bulldog logo... I like these and watch for the stuff to come around cheap... missed a few good sign deals, but most sellers seem to think they have a retirement supplement in their asking prices and shipping mark ups. I also have a bunch of what I consider to be "practice key blanks"... aftermarket stuff I have no real passion for.

Also I have amassed 3 pin out kits... for less than the retail price of one new one. I have 1 new (Strattec) and 2 older ones from Briggs and Straton. I also have a small amount of GM stuff, as most of my purchases were misc bundles of what most folks would call crap.

You know what masses would pay at Carlisle for someone to re-pop '60s and '70s keyz? I'll buy the beer just to watch, lol Get good enough so you can modify 7 pin key blankz to work in 6 pin Ignitionz and I might invest in your new in your new venture fer ah small % of course. We can discuss it in July???

one of my friends is a real Mobile locksmith,does every kind of key there is.
hes way younger than me and has it made in the shade.
moneys falling out of his pockets daily.
heres the only downside...dealing with people...
usually at their worst because they are so stupid they lost their keys.

that being said,those kits you have Wow!
you thought about selling a kit?
you have gathered an Impressive amount of resources there.

Yet one more facet of the cantflip diamond uncovered.
Amazingly it seems to sparkle all the way around. Maybe we are seeing him through the Viv glasses or does the management buy really, really dark ones to not be blinded?

Maybe I should put this in here:poke:

That's pretty cool! I love the idea of making all the locks one key.
My bigger priority has been getting all my stuff working from one set, but IF I can get the trunk figured out to work off a primary key, that would be a win too. As far as I can tell, the primary key trunk lock cylinders are discontinued... This guy seems to have some left and is at a price I think I could get close to without the keyed alike trunk cylinder (and still have enough to cover the mail and a meager profit). His is all repop pieces, and I haven't decided how the quality of the covers is... hate to have them rust up if I get involved.
70 71 72 Dodge Chrysler Plymouth Locks Ignition Door Trunk Keyed Alike Pentastar

These are great...
Headlight Bulb-Incandescent Sealed Beam-Boxed Wagner Lighting 4000,low beam*NEW* | eBay
s-l1600.jpg

You know what masses would pay at Carlisle for someone to re-pop '60s and '70s keyz? I'll buy the beer just to watch, lol Get good enough so you can modify 7 pin key blankz to work in 6 pin Ignitionz and I might invest in your new in your new venture fer ah small % of course. We can discuss it in July???
LOL, Thanks Jer... If I ever get good enough to make pin and tumbler locks work with the 2 sided wafers... I'm getting a patent.:) I do not have these blanks:
(4) NOS Mopar Dodge Plymouth Chrysler Desoto Key Blanks 59-65 NEW Pentastar | eBay
s-l1600.jpg

I do not have the ignition(primary key) for these...
1958 1959 1960 1961 62 CHRYSLER DODGE PLYMOUTH NOS MOPAR FORWARD LOOK KEY BLANK | eBay
s-l1600.jpg

I DO HAVE...
A few of these secondary key blanks
57 58 59 1960 61 62 63 CHRYSLER DODGE PLYMOUTH NOS MOPAR FORWARD LOOK KEY BLANK | eBay
You would have to find your own primary blanks, I won't invest that much into a key.
s-l1600.jpg

A small supply of both primary and secondary blanks like these
1967 1968 CHRYSLER DODGE PLYMOUTH KEY BLANKS SQUARE HEAD 2 SETS MOPAR KEYS NOS
s-l1600.jpg

I have about 50-100 of these...
Mopar Muscle Car NOS Key Blanks 1 Pair Dodge Plymouth New | eBay
These are currently reproduced, but I haven't found very good pricing as of yet... If I can get them down to about a $1.00 per key, I will buy a quantity.
s-l1600.jpg

Either way, I plan to bring some of my goodies to Carlisle. If a member here wants to buy/bring their own blanks... they can try the code cutters. I will bring what I have for "practice keys" so we can do a test key if the original is extremely worn (but think about how worn the lock pins are too). I'll bring the nicer blanks too, if we can match up what a member needs I would trade for a small donation to keep my hobby going.

one of my friends is a real Mobile locksmith,does every kind of key there is.
hes way younger than me and has it made in the shade.
moneys falling out of his pockets daily.
heres the only downside...dealing with people...
usually at their worst because they are so stupid they lost their keys.

that being said,those kits you have Wow!
you thought about selling a kit?
you have gathered an Impressive amount of resources there.
Thank you, I think the mobile auto lock business is a PITA to acquire what you would need to keep up with the modern security and keys. I do think there is money there for someone who wanted to fully invest themselves... most likely running a small crew of talented individuals. Many of the old timers seem to be going out of business, I think the big box stores have taken away most of the easier work. Everything now seems to be emergency services (including lockout service). I did a lot of key replacements in the dealerships... the crap required is crazy.

Much of what I bought came from locksmiths who have better equipment to do this job, and don't really make money from the old cars. If I tried to market my services, I would much rather have a small pack that I could walk a show and offer what I had to the car owners I could service. I don't know if any show would allow that. As I mentioned, I could get a tax ID and be a locksmith in FL, I would have to do the same plus whatever PA wanted to sell this service in Carlisle... pretty soon it would become a darn job.

I actually wouldn't mind selling some of the stuff, I plan to keep the old collections intact, but would even trim down a few of the bull dog blanks I have an excess of. My first thought when buying the quantity I did was if I could help the membership here. As a rule, I have less invested in what I have than I could pay for repop replacements. I would be willing to give up the sets, but I would have to really go through the contents included with whomever wanted to buy them to get to a price.

I bunch of what I have are black face locks, which are used on 80's models... they could be used on a 70's application, but won't turn on the majority of the members. No trunk locks or tilt locks in the kits... I am looking into the repops.
Yet one more facet of the cantflip diamond uncovered.
I guess we've found the new official FCBO locksmith LOL

Congrats on your finds cantflip
Amazingly it seems to sparkle all the way around. Maybe we are seeing him through the Viv glasses or does the management buy really, really dark ones to not be blinded?

Maybe I should put this in here:poke:

Thank you guys, I'm not going to get delusional that I can do anything but break even with this. If I try to make it a business venture, it would only be to support the car show travel I would like to do. To me, the ultimate cool is that I have put together almost enough to be able to help out a member who is interested as well as feed my own crazy desires. I have maybe $10ea in the non-tilt ignition cylinders, I have fewer door cylinders, but can get them pretty cheap. IDK if shipping is all that worth while, and the ignition cylinders were not meant to be taken apart once staked, so it will be a different thing to see how well repining goes. I think it will work once, but may not survive redoing used ones more than that. Door locks have a replaceable cover, which should work just fine repined.

I believe I have wiped out the current supply of cheap stuff

Last edited:
Love the lamps. I've got about 25 pairs of low and high beams stored in the garage I also got off eBay many years ago that were correct for Fords. Haven't needed to use any as I rarely drive the cars at night.

Back