AND NOW.... for something completely different

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary, if you could see what it took to make that Buick grill and how labor intensive it was, an oval hole in a urethane molded fascia is a disgrace and a testimony to how low car design has gone. The draftsman alone respnsible for the prints agonized for weeks on that alone. CAD-CAM Pffffftttt.

Posted via Topify using Android

Last edited:
I dont get it, simply by saying all you said anyone could put a new Nissan against your Newport and say the same thing.

The way I read it? All the old stuff is boring and the newer pictured stuff had better appeal.

The way I read it? All the old stuff is boring and the newer pictured stuff had better appeal.
Sorry, but No Dave. There are two different ideological statements here. .....it is way more than JUST how the steel is bent. Furthermore, no one ideology is better than the other, I just prefer the one that evidently is not very popular here, but that's cool with me. I understand the impetus for that. I made an allusion to that earlier, but I guess it was too far below radar to be noticed. Boring? more appeal than the other? nay, not my place to determine that.

I'm glad everyone doesn't have the same taste, or the world would be an even more hectic place with everyone wanting the same jobs, same hobbies, wanting to go to the same places for vacation, and wanting the same toys. I'm fortunate that everyone doesn't like the '67/'68 Chrysler fastops as much as I do, or I would never be able to find/afford a nice 300 at some point in the future.

I'm not busting chops, but just find it ironic that you chose the '59 Dodge as ugly, as it is one of my favorites of the '57-'61s, and is my favorite for '59.

59 Dodge Coronet (1).jpg

For the record of my personal taste, I'm not much of a fan of the Exner cars after they chopped the fins, the Chrysler is the only '61 that trips my trigger, aside from the horrid "toilet seat" fake spare option on the deck lid on this one.

61 Chrysler 300 (6).jpg

59 Dodge Coronet (1).jpg

61 Chrysler 300 (6).jpg

Last edited:
I'm glad everyone doesn't have the same taste, or the world would be an even more hectic place with everyone wanting the same jobs, same hobbies, wanting to go to the same places for vacation, and wanting the same toys. I'm fortunate that everyone doesn't like the '67/'68 Chrysler fastops as much as I do, or I would never be able to find/afford a nice 300 at some point in the future.

I'm not busting chops, but just find it ironic that you chose the '59 Dodge as ugly, as it is one of my favorites of the '57-'61s, and is my favorite for '59.

View attachment 18518

For the record of my personal taste, I'm not much of a fan of the Exner cars after they chopped the fins, the Chrysler is the only '61 that trips my trigger, aside from the horrid "toilet seat" fake spare option on the deck lid on this one.

View attachment 18519
Please dont take it personally. It is not meant to be. It's just the front end of that car gives me nightmares, but that certainly is no reflection on anyone who likes that car (more like a personal issue I would suppose). Nonetheless, you can certainly see where sobriety and clear thinking were beginning to sprout with the front end of the 61' model. Not so much with the rear, yet,lol. For a forward look era car the 61' front end isn't too hard to look at.

Unfortunately these days noone is attempting to introduce new design pedagogy into modern cars, this is why IMHO they all resemble each other Toyota/Honda/Nissan/Suburu/Hyundai.....all look alike.. a jelly bean on wheels...and the American auto industry is only to happy to follow along like a lost puppy... too scared to develop its own distinguishing design language, that would viscerally say "this is an American design" without any manufacturer badge on the trunk.

I'll sum up what I think is the true definition of ugly:
Design that is unoriginal.

23w4rqg.jpg
j6o20n.jpg

2e5tmba.jpg

Last edited:
Just a few hours left on the 61 wagon auction and still under 2K..... Are you paying attention Chris....? :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back