Another Pet Remembered

Dogs-Last-Will-and-Testiment.jpg

My sympathy goes out to you and all of us who have lost a beloved pet. If I remember correctly its six dogs a person may have in their lifetime. Also the question always comes up whether we will be reunited with dogs in the afterlife. The late (Great) Robin Williams stared in a move approx. 15 years ago called "What Dreams May Become". There is a scene where he is reunited with his dog in Heaven. The whold movie is touching IF you believe in the afterlife. His role is a serious one and I watch it again occasionally.

I'm just sorry to hear this, I have no good advice to offer. A beloved pet is irreplaceable, but a new one will find it's own way into your heart. They are often some of the best family members.

A dog is going to live for maybe 10-15 years. Nothing you can do to change that. What you can do is give him the best 10-15 years possible. If you do that the pain will still be there when you lose him but you gave him a great life. That always gives me comfort and peace of mind. Then after a reasonable time for grieving it's down to the pound to adopt one who has not had a great life so far and totally change his fortunes. You never forget the ones you lost but you start a whole new bunch of memories. My condolences to you and your family.

View attachment 104937

Early this morning my dog died in her sleep. She wasn't feeling too good and was going to see the vet today. She said her goodbye to my girlfriend when she went to bed at 11:00 by putting her paw on her hand. I didn't realize that when I was petting her and holding my head to her was that that would be the last time I saw her before she went. She went to her kennel and that's where we found her. The vet will be helping us with cremation. I couldn't have asked for a better dog. She will be missed very much, and many tears have and will be shed, both good and bad. Hug your dog!

So sorry to hear of the passing of your dog. I like to think our pets who are gone will be there to meet us when we arrive on the other side. . .

Sorry for the loss.....This is a legend from the Rainbow Bridge. Maybe it can help a little bit....
On the other side of the sky begins a bridge called the Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies, which is especially closely connected with the human being in this world, it enters this illuminating rainbow bridge in all colors - and finds in the beyond his paradise: meadows and hills and valleys and forests - for each of our beloved friends The right environment, and they run and play with each other undisturbed. There is food, water and sunshine, and our friends feel warm and safe.
All the animals that left the earth old and sick get their health back, the injured and mutilated animals become strong and safe again - as we have preserved them in our memory of the past happy days in our hearts.
The animals are happy and contented - except for a "little thing": each of them misses someone - a person he had to leave behind. And so they play and dance together day by day - until suddenly one of them stops and looks into the distance.
His shining eyes become vigilant, the body begins to tremble. Suddenly, he suddenly breaks out of the group, flies over the green grass, becomes faster and faster. He has discovered YOU, and when you meet, you are celebrating a happy reunion and knowing that nothing can separate you again. Happy you kiss him, you caress again and again the loving head, look deeply into those eyes, which separated from your life, but never from your heart disappeared. And then you cross the rainbow bridge together ......

Very sorry for your loss, I only hope that in time you can find another loving pet to fill the hole that this loss has left you with.

My Dad's dog is still alive.

Queenie #13.

She was born in late 2007 and still doing good.

Her parents are from Germany.

10262.png

I just got back from thanksgiving dinner with my girlfriends family. I played with their German Shepard a little bit. 110 pounds of overgrown puppy!

A dog is going to live for maybe 10-15 years. Nothing you can do to change that. What you can do is give him the best 10-15 years possible. If you do that the pain will still be there when you lose him but you gave him a great life. That always gives me comfort and peace of mind. Then after a reasonable time for grieving it's down to the pound to adopt one who has not had a great life so far and totally change his fortunes. You never forget the ones you lost but you start a whole new bunch of memories. My condolences to you and your family.

I avoided opening this thread as long as I could. From the title I knew what it was. My deepest sorrow is felt from the loss of your friend. The loyalty and camaraderie of a pooch is like no other being on the planet. What Chris says is true I suppose, Ive lost brother and sister dogs eight and five years ago . I now have five dogs and while I cant take the work that goes with them, they help me through the days....

Back