Anyone familiar with 69'-73' Fury/72'-73' Dodge Polara/Monaco instrument clusters???

Gas sender

Hi Moonrunner,

You started this post 1 year ago next month. Can you tell us if you've resolved your problem?

Did you try my suggestion of testing the gauge and new sender?:sad9:

I did the test with the sending unit out of the car and I ran a jumper wire to ground and the gauge moved to full. I also replaced the voltage limiter with a new one from Redline gauge works. I plan on testing the wire from the tank for resistance. Do you know what I should have for a reading?

Not the exact reading, but the resistance should read pretty low. Try taking an OHM meter so when you touch the 2 test leads together the needle reads zero (RX1)?
With both ends of the sender wire disconnected touch one lead to one end of the sender wire and the other to car ground and see it you get a reading. If you do this would indicate the wire is shorting to ground somewhere and needs replacing or finding that short along the wire.

A short or high resistance would foul up your gauge readings.:sign13:

Rusty Muffler,

I plan on removing the rear seat tomorrow in order to trace the wire under the carpet. I am hoping I will find something obvious. I will also test the resistance of the connection using the method you described. Thank you and keep your fingers crossed for me.:sSig_thankyou:

Back