anyone have a 1962 Chrysler Canada paint chart?

c300g

Reaction score
Does anyone here have a 1962 Chrysler Canada paint chart?
Last night I met up with a friend that has a Canadian 62 Chrysler windsor. Its been through some color changes but the original color was always believed to be white. A while ago I noticed the data tag said XD. I dont know about 62 but I know in 1964, XD would mean the car was light blue with a white top. This doesnt make any sense as when my friend pulled the interior out, everything was white. If someone has the 1962 chrysler canada paint chart, I can put this myth to rest.

Try this link with color charts supplied by Bill Watson in Vancouver Canada who is an acknowledged expert on mopars.
Www.1962to1965moparornocar.com/paint.html
The 1962 chart lists lacquer fleet x then the manufacturers colour code is D. A car which hasn't had a complete strip to bare metal and repaint would have the original colour under the carpet or inside the kick panel or doors so may I and the other members respectfully suggest you and your friend take a peek and report your findings back to us.

Happy exploring

John

It's all on the fender data tags, presumably a solid white car, no way to tell otherwise unless a build sheet is found stuffed into the rear seat springs, inside the front seat in or taped behind the glove box which were common places they were found.

Maybe the Canadian members can help???

For the 1962 Chrysler of Canada paint chart, XD is X - Polar White (Ditzler 8293) roof and D - Dawn Blue (Ditzler12403) for the body. The Blue was also used on US 1962 Chryslers (Dawn Blue, code C), Dodges (Powder Blue, code C) and Plymouths (Pale Blue, code C). Ditzler 8293 was code W on US Chrysler Corp cars - Chrysler - Oyster White, Dodge - Polar White and Plymouth Ermine White.

Normally they would paint the car the lower colour (Pale Blue) and then just the roof Polar White. There is a possibility they painted the whole car white and then the lower exterior Pale Blue. Is there any blue on the car? Perhaps there is a layer of blue paint with white below it?

1962 Chrysler Canada Ditzler 132-s(1).jpg

Back