Apologies

70bigblockdodge

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Want to take a moment to send a apology to Dave 71 Polara. I guess I pushed a bit too much and maybe pissed him off. So sorry for that it was not my intention.
Everyone I guess is a little on edge with all that is going on, I know I am. I went on a rant about a mechanic that was in hind sight not as bad as it seemed.
Dave and I don't agree on much, maybe a pu truck should have a long bed and no cap is about it. He knows and has lived more of these C bodies than I ever will. He stands his ground and has true commitment to his opinions, gotta love/respect that. I have seen him piss some people off on here that was classical. He is a good guy and I respect him, and don't want to leave bad blood lying around. I also don't want him to kick my *** when we get to Carlisle, he is a big guy!
I did not want the thread that Turbomni started to go way off the rails like the one that Craig started. Seems everytime you say Trump's name 3 times the bashers show up and create a dogpile of steamy ...... . I guess I owe a apology to Turbomni also for breaking his thread. I actually liked the video and would be nice to have a thread to discuss this Wuhoo flu, but as mentioned everything from puppies to Wuhoo flu starts a political shitstorm. Enough.
Sorry Dave.
And sorry Turbomni.
Carry on
Oh BTW this for a long respected member you newer folks not so much.

Last edited:
FWIW, I consider "a proper pickup truck" to be single cab, 8' bed, and doesn't need a ladder in the tailgate to be able to use the bed for what it was meant to be used for. Bucket seats were a nice touch (to help control who could ride with you). Option it as desired, but HD rear springs were a plus.

I respect Dave's knowledge and history with Chrysler products. Obviously, he's seen things which many haven't, by observation.

Take care,
CBODY67

On another note, new folks to any group are not necessarily new to the subject matter. To treat new folks like **** because you deem their contributions not to your liking is a bad way to represent yourself.

website “seniority” and high post counts just mean you arrived sooner, doesn’t make you better or worse than others.

This website has never been a welcoming place for the thin skinned or those with delicate sensibilities. Sometimes when you feel strongly regarding a topic it can be difficult not to attack the messenger rather than the message particularly when someone disagrees with your POV. Most here including both Daves can agree to disagree avoiding personal attacks which is what makes this board such a breath of fresh air compared with most forums. In any case we should all keep our powder dry and show common cause against the truly belligerent trolls that show up here periodically.

One of the great aspects of this site is the strong individual and informed members. There are many here who are not afraid to voice fact/opinion or will call you out for statements made. And for folks like you Dave.... and Dave, for respect with disagreement. We all seem to agree to disagree at times.
Thick skin goes a long way here. Sometimes a requirement. It's mostly good natured.

And your right Dave. The times are putting a lot of pressure on folks. We all need to show a little patients.

The problem here as it is in rest of the country is people don't want to recognize the right of a person to have a different opinion. If I don't agree with you it doesn't mean I'm wrong. It just means I'm in a different situation with different needs. This holds true whether we're talking about politics, religion, education or even cars. I think what makes it worse is so many people have moved so far to the extreme in their views that civil discussions are turning in to knock down drag out fights. the art of compromise doesn't seem to exist anymore so solutions aren't happening either. Wish I had some answers but all I can say is we all need to be kinder and more respectful in these trying times. Rant off!

The problem here as it is in rest of the country is people don't want to recognize the right of a person to have a different opinion. If I don't agree with you it doesn't mean I'm wrong. It just means I'm in a different situation with different needs. This holds true whether we're talking about politics, religion, education or even cars. I think what makes it worse is so many people have moved so far to the extreme in their views that civil discussions are turning in to knock down drag out fights. the art of compromise doesn't seem to exist anymore so solutions aren't happening either. Wish I had some answers but all I can say is we all need to be kinder and more respectful in these trying times. Rant off!

Absolutely agree with you. It seems the older we get, the more we think we know and are the only ones whose view is correct. We need to step back and reevaluate ourselves, no matter how much we have done, how smart we are, how much experience we have, someone else out there is JUST as smart, experienced, or accomplished as we are or even more so.

We need to realize we aren't the most important person in the world, no matter how much we think we are. Lighten up Francis! Don't take yourself so seriously.

PS. This is my opinion based on my vast knowledge and experience and is the only correct answer to this problem. :thumbsup:

Exactly Chris - well said. Today's attitudes/pride just make us weaker and more hostile among ourselves while our real ememies just get stronger. That's not good for any of us.

Thank you.

Exactly Chris - well said. Today's attitudes/pride just make us weaker and more hostile among ourselves while our real ememies just get stronger. That's not good for any of us.

Thank you.

There isn't a lot of independent thinking out there. It's all emotion and often not based on much fact. Not a lot of respect either.

I probably owe Dave an apology too after going off on him a couple months ago on here.

I'd never wish ill will against anyone here considering the kindness and help you have all provided myself and many other people here.

At the same time, I think that when you get a crew of strong willed (and sometimes opinionated) men together with differing opinions, sometimes things perhaps cross the line.

Admitting we were wrong and mean no disrespect to one another is what seperates us from being men and being good men.

Nick

Far as I can tell..... If we all agreed, we would all be wrong.
Never miss the opportunity for a good quote...
157bd21a2228a8c97c3d528a805c2823.jpg

Being a relative newcomer, I can honestly say this is the best webgroup period. I've learned much from quite a number of well informed, knowledge and very technical (as applicable and necessary) guys. Many times I've sat back and just watch threads unfold. There are deep friendships here and I've never seen a friendship that, at some point, opinions and attitudes get in the way and create waves. However, they can always be worked through if there is honesty and respect between friends. The simple fact that issues and differences are and can be brought to the forefront and discussed, is a testament to the bonds here. It goes beyond the automotive world and into real life. I'm proud to be part of this. Thank you to all.

This website has never been a welcoming place for the thin skinned or those with delicate sensibilities.

Well, you got most of it spot-on. There are some welcoming and helpful people here, but there are also a LOT more crotchety keyboard warriors here than any other forum I've frequented. I joined here a few days before I even bought my first C-Body, and got a plethora of help- but at the same time I got tired of dodging the airborne fecal matter being thrown by the monkeys in the back. I told myself it was the rarity of parts that drove me to sell my Newport, but I knew it was the thought of coming here when I just needed a nudge in the right direction and dealing with more grumpy pricks that made selling it and swearing C-Bodies off that much easier.
It's one thing when it's a forum with hundreds of thousands of active members, and there are 100-300 jerks to ignore, but when there are about 100 active members here, and 70 of them have their heads up their asses, it makes it pointless. It's a niche Xen site, with a low budget (not faulting Joey for that, just making a point) so it's lacking a lot of features that make finding something specific kinda difficult, especially when there's a bunch of members in the Gold section talking **** about everyone, and painting them as borderline Autistic for not knowing everything, or for not taking their answer as "the gospel."

Oh, and let's not forget the obligatory meme shitposting of, "go look on google and find the answer for yourself" that the resident lush has to throw in at every opportunity.

Back