Breathing new life into Wilbur. Our 68 300 vert

JC68vert300

Reaction score
We refer to our 1968 300 as Wilbur because the orig owner (Wilbur) kept this car until his death in 2012 in his 80's. Must have loved it, with only 70,000 orig miles, so a tribute of sorts to him. Have it about 6 months and thought I'd post what's been done. oil and filter, brake flush, trans service. All new belts and hoses. Complete tune up, new ignition wire set. Valve cover gaskets. Rear tail shaft seals,both sides front end bushings, rear axle seals. Wheel alignment. Had power steering pump rebuilt.wiper blades, re-installed the seat belts that were in the trunk. Found the missing left front wheel opening molding and put that on. Replaced the low note horn. Various marker bulbs. That's so far....more to do.
What's left: had to bypass the heater core, now started leaking. An A/C car so I think it will be a big job. A/C needs work. Right front window off track,motor works. Out of room LOL.

Best I can do...
Alan-Young-Mister-Ed.jpg

Hilarious! Mr Ed with Wilbur. Trying figure out how to upload some photos. The only one I was able to do so far is that grainy shot on my profile

I am also breathing new life into a '68 300 convertible. There is a lot of good advice from the folks on this site.

I am in the process of rebuilding the engine which will include an electronic ignition system (MSD) and electronic fuel injection (FiTech 600 HP). I will also be installing a really cool product called Enginestat Pro to keep on eye on the new engine, and bypassing my defunct instruments. I am opting to not put the ac back in and much of the suspension on my ride was refurbished a few years back.

I will be posting pics as soon as I get the car back from the shop. The only one posted so far is the one on the back of the flatbed.

The 67 is great, always loved those tail lights. Very futuristic back then, still cool now.
The 68 300 too. Always missed the opportunity to actually own one but was always taken with that big awesome grill!

Back