Can I use a b-body gas tank on my C body?

I used 30# roofing felt from the hardware store for the tank pad. It was basically the same stuff.

It doesn't really bother me having 4 gallons less gas. This car is a weekend cruiser. I'm not taking road trips so the extra 40 miles of range I'm giving up doesn't really bother me.

About 4 gallons loss means about 60 miles less between fill-ups, from whatever fuel gauge position you filled up from originally. For some, that might be an issue.

If the smaller capacity can become an issue, then save money for the larger tank in a year or so. In the mean time, that $100.00+ saved can be used to pay bills and other things. Plus the newer, smaller tank can provide the peace of mind of not having to worry about such things for a good while, if that might matter.

Everything has a cost, monetary or otherwise. Time for judgment calls.

CBODY67

I would think you would want to re-use the C Body tank straps over buying the new straps with the B Body 68 Coronet tank. I believe since the C Body tank was larger, the mounting points will be further apart. The B Body straps make not be long enough.

I would think you would want to re-use the C Body tank straps over buying the new straps with the B Body 68 Coronet tank. I believe since the C Body tank was larger, the mounting points will be further apart. The B Body straps make not be long enough.
Right. I did get the C body straps, but the sending unit and tank is for the b-body Coronet. We should know in about a week or so

Back