Canadian 383s in the mid 60s

c300g

Reaction score
every mid 60s Canadian 383 2 BBL I've ever seen was red but I've yet to come across a Canadian mid 60s 383 4 BBL. Does anyone know if these were red as well or turquoise like the U.S engines?

every mid 60s Canadian 383 2 BBL I've ever seen was red but I've yet to come across a Canadian mid 60s 383 4 BBL. Does anyone know if these were red as well or turquoise like the U.S engines?
A local car here has a 383 - 4 and is red. This is a 64 Sport Fury still with the original owner. He says he has always been given grief because of the colour, but that's how it was delivered.

1966 was last model year that Chrysler's were built in Windsor,Ontario.
Thanks to the signing of the Autopact agreement the year before.
ALL Canadian built/marketed engines were RED /6 318 Poly,440's including 383 4bbl.
Windsor continued to build Fury's (also pre-built ones for South Africa and Australia)and the Canuck built Plodges )Monaco's and Polaras's with Fury dashes/interiors)
Canada-US Auto Pact | The Canadian Encyclopedia
1966 300 revival 004.JPG

1966 300 revival 097.JPG

1966 300 revival 038.JPG

1965 Valiant 200 Canuck /6
1966 300 revival 002.JPG

1966 300 revival 058.JPG

To add confusion,the 66 300 SPORT was the U.S. model and did have a turquoise engine since it was built and imported from the U.S.
The Canadian 300 shared Newport trim,roofline and tail lights and seats and engines were red.
All small block Fury's,Monaco and Polara with 318 poly 1967 and 318 LA 1968 for Canadian market were red.
The Poly was ran an extra year longer in Canada and Canucks did not get the LA until 1968.

I never realized it but yeah, for the most part, every canadian engine i've seen was red.... except for 413s. I have a 413 out of a 64 chrysler windsor and its turquoise like the u.s engine.

IIRC,1967-on all big block C's were turquoise across the board.
Correct me if I am wrong feel free to chime in.

I never realized it but yeah, for the most part, every canadian engine i've seen was red.... except for 413s. I have a 413 out of a 64 chrysler windsor and its turquoise like the u.s engine.
More than likely is was put in there.
Windsor was a Canuck marketed car with 361,383 engines originally.
US model was Newport.
Like your Savoy is Canuck,whjere Fury I was US
BTW..I still owe you 40 bux!! LOL

My Canadian 68 Monaco 383 is turquoise.
Thanks for sharing that info,really appreciate it.

My 68 Newport was U.S. built but built to Canadian Specs as per broadcast sheet.
383 in it is Turquoise.

My Canadian 68 Monaco 383 is turquoise.
My assumption is the engines were assembled and shipped From the U.S.plant to the Windsor plant for installation.
Anybody feel free to chime in if I am wrong.
Cheers

More than likely is was put in there.
Windsor was a Canuck marketed car with 361,383 engines originally.
US model was Newport.
Like your Savoy is Canuck,whjere Fury I was US
BTW..I still owe you 40 bux!! LOL

I've gotta do more research.

I'm not worried about the $40. LOL.

Both my Canadian 66 Monacos have red motors - 383 HP and 440 Police. Both cars manufactured in Windsor.

My Canadian 66 T&C with 440 TNT was a dealer demonstrator, manufactured VERY early at Jefferson I believe. Turquoise engine.

My 66 300 (CDN) has a red 383-2V my 66 300 Sport model (US Version) has a 72 440 i it and is turquoise so no help.

The poly 318s I remember seeing in USA Furys were all red, but the B/RB were turquoise, as a matter of course.

The question I see is "IF the engines were built in the USA plants for CA installation, why the color differences?" Especially if the engine specs were all the same? I do remember reading about some of the Canadian-spec 318s being different than those in the USA, circa 1965, though. To me, there had to be some compelling reason for the color differences, especially if they had the same guts in them. Or was it just one other way to let the CA buyers know they had something different than what was sold in the USA?

Any ideas?
CBODY67

Back