CBody Asbestos brake pad discussion.

67Monaco

Go Woke, Go Broke.
Reaction score
Moved my posts out of the ad. Quoted all so we can continue.

Everyone realizes brake pads are still asbestos right? The warning is bigger, that's all.

Really......

NOS..means asbestos

He wasn't clear in his statement he was referring to his NOS items. Bad grammar. The way it reads, they still are making them only with bigger labels.

Posted via Topify using Android

"C" Body Asbestos Pads & Brake Rotors!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have all 3 "C" body Brake Pads in ASBESTOS -- New Old Stock!!!!!!

He's referring to simply brake pads. Not his. Not new. Nothing specific. WTF. I go by the rules of grammar since I'm not a mind reader.

If I wasn't crystal clear -- these pads are all New Old Stock (N.O.S.) and ARE LEGAL for us all to transact on, because they were manufactured before the present statutes (18 years ago in the U.S., 11 Years ago in CAnada, etc....) So don't fear, no cop will arrest us for transacting on them -- if you would like them, call me before the nats, as a couple #s I may be out!!!! Especially the D10 pads for the 1966 - 1968 "C" Body & Imperial !!!!!!!
ASBESTOS is still the best braking system known to mankind -- and doesn't "rip up"
(Expensive) Rotors.................

I saw Craig, even said hello to him on Thursday morning

Really.

http://www.help.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Castleman.pdf

"The US imports an increasing amount of brake linings and pads, now over $120 million worth ayear, and an unknown share of these imports is made with asbestos. The US International Trade
Commission has refused to separately classify brake friction materials made with asbestos from
those made with other materials, so it is not possible to know exactly what the imports of the
asbestos brake parts come to. But leading sources of these brake friction material imports are
countries that still use (and three of them mine) a lot of asbestos: Brazil, China, Colombia, and
Mexico. US brake friction material imports from these countries have risen from $23 million in
2000, to $76 million in 2005, and $90 million in 2006. Automotive friction materials have not
been made with asbestos in the US for the past several years."

"EPA was recently informed that replacement brakes bought in 2006 for a Chrysler vehicle wereshown by lab testing to contain asbestos. So it appears that some of the major auto makers are
still selling asbestos-containing new vehicles and replacement brakes in the US, even though
they probably wouldn’t dare sell try to sell that stuff in European Union countries like Germany,
Poland, Slovenia, and Lithuania."

It's not banned in the US contrary to popular belief, the EPA just makes it ungodly expensive to manufacture here. So it's now done overseas.

Damn. Who woulda thunk....

Yeah well ill be in the market for a set of these at some point. Though as my luck goes they'll be double the current price.

I would buy them now and shelve them.
Bought a Pitman Arm years ago for fifteen bucks. Just put it on a month ago. Have you priced one recently??

Yep.............

perhaps we should have this discussion moved out of his ad?

Another Stan;

http://www.asbestos.com/blog/2012/09/17/why-isnt-asbestos-banned-in-the-united-states/

It's been an interesting few months since moved back east. Been doing all kinds of reading on the subject since I now live pretty much where I grew up as a kid just a few blocks from the old Raybestos lining plant. Lining plant turned super fund site turned shopping strip mall. The mineral was apparently in wide use in the 40's - late 80's. The big shocker to me was Drywall. It was used as a mix with gypsum in drywall for filler up to '89 or so. Spackle the whole nine yards had it. It's amazing what products are still using it. What makes me wonder is since China is a miner/producer and now our drywall products come from that part of the world how much is being reintroduced into the new homes.

At this point in my life, anything that should have killed me would have killed me. I ain't dead (so I'm told), so............

Back