Christmas Greetings in my old GM E- body

JC68vert300

Reaction score
image.jpeg
Always a lover of full size verts. Especially Chrysler's C-bodies. But in 1984 I came across a guy who had purchased 10 of these Eldorados as an investment because it was advertised at the time as America's last convertible. Well Iacocca changed that when he brought out the hit Chrysler LeBaron convertible. He paid over 20 grand for each of these Caddy's! The base price at the time was a little over 11 grand. 224 inches long, 5300 lbs and the largest production
V-8 ever produced....500 cubic inches. But with only 190 hp it took about a month to get this behemoth to 60 mph. Got it for 5 grand, with only 9,000 miles on it. Kept it for 10 years, and every year on Christmas morning we drove around. That's me in the Santy Claus suit and I would throw candy canes to kids on the side of the road. We had fun. My wife wants to drive me around in the 300 and start the tradition again, but no Santa suit, maybe next year I'll invest in one. Hope everyone enjoys their Christmas with family, friends or just your C-body!

And no one ever complained about a man in disguise trolling around a residential neighborhood in a big car offering candy to kids.
Times have changed.

And no one ever complained about a man in disguise trolling around a residential neighborhood in a big car offering candy to kids.
Times have changed.
Never thought about that! Your right! My wife will cringe when I tell her that. But I wasn't alone, she drove and I sat on the back seat and never got out of the car. The **** you have to think about today. It is a very different world. Sad.

Back