Chryco Crown Tires

c300g

Reaction score
You don't see many of these left! Chryco Crown tires.
From what I can tell, they were first available in 1965. There is a detailed rendering of the tire in the 1965 Plymouth Fury brochure. I have seen Chryco Crown tires mentioned in brochures as late as 1967 but I suspect they were still being produced up into the early 70s.
I lucked out on this one. Never been used. Supposedly it was pulled out of a 65 Savoy wagon that had been totaled.

View attachment 240927

View attachment 240928

View attachment 240929

View attachment 240930

IMG_1565.JPG

IMG_1566.JPG

IMG_1567.JPG

IMG_1568.JPG

Picture of the tread design? From what I can see of that outside edge, it looks similar to the Goodyear Custom Power Cushion 8.55x14 whitewalls that came on our '66 Newport.

The font on the side of the sidewall appears to be the same as Goodyear used, too.

Possibly this was a Canadian-market item? Most USA Chrysler Corp dealerships had capabilities of selling Goodyear tires, or at least getting them if they wanted to. Goodyear was typically "Chrysler's tire vendor of choice" up past Y2K, for OEM production tires.

Neat find. Just some thoughts,
CBODY67

Picture of the tread design? From what I can see of that outside edge, it looks similar to the Goodyear Custom Power Cushion 8.55x14 whitewalls that came on our '66 Newport.

The font on the side of the sidewall appears to be the same as Goodyear used, too.

Possibly this was a Canadian-market item? Most USA Chrysler Corp dealerships had capabilities of selling Goodyear tires, or at least getting them if they wanted to. Goodyear was typically "Chrysler's tire vendor of choice" up past Y2K, for OEM production tires.

Neat find. Just some thoughts,
CBODY67
Goodyear had a plant in Scarborough Ontario for ages also.

And as you mentioned Chrysler was a big good year user. My ram left the factory with Wrangled RT/S on it.

Their own brand made sense as they absolutely refused to put Firestones on their cars.
Mopar used Goodyears almost exclusively. Only remember one of Dad’s cars, a Newport in 69, with Uniroyals.

Chryco was the name for Canadian service parts. For some reason they didn't use "Mopar" up there until much later.

BTW, you have to burn that tire or drill holes around the circumfrence and bury it. Someone could mount it, drive on it and kill a school bus full of orphans.

Holes might be negated by a tube and/or thick patches. Chop saw to the bead area might be better?

Chryco was the name for Canadian service parts. For some reason they didn't use "Mopar" up there until much later.

BTW, you have to burn that tire or drill holes around the circumfrence and bury it. Someone could mount it, drive on it and kill a school bus full of orphans.
Might as well go all out, some of those orphans might have a puppy or kitten with them.
getty_090317_hbomb.jpg

Back