Status
Not open for further replies.
Look nice

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

They almost look burnt orange...

I'd like to see the car.
Were they replaced by Dubs?
Be interesting to where the bidding tops out at. Guesses? I'll say 7-800.

Posted via Topify on Android

Last edited:
I'd like to see the car.

Who do you know with a C body that would pay 7-800 for a set of wheels.....?
I'm thinking they will go for close to the opening bid. Nice set of wheels....... Would look good on the Admiral.

I bid a set to eight hundred many years ago and lost the auction. They were the nicest set I had ever seen.
If I were to buy new wheels I'd pay it so why not road wheels

I'd like to see the car.

Who do you know with a C body that would pay 7-800 for a set of wheels.....?
I'm thinking they will go for close to the opening bid. Nice set of wheels....... Would look good on the Admiral.
I'd pay it if the cherry on top would be a beautiful set of Road Wheels for my C-body.
$200/wheel? Complete? Wheel, dome, cap, ring. All in (he says) in Show quality?
Turnkey. Open the box and mount those 235/75 x 15" white walls or RWL.
Fair price I say.

RoadWheels8[1].jpgRoadWheels[1].jpg

These were the ones I lost on what appears to be about 9 years ago, I bid eight hundred and lost the auction. These were the nicest set Ive ever seen. Of course they've been touched up but they were a bolt on and shine. Worth every penny

RoadWheels8[1].jpg

RoadWheels[1].jpg

I'd pay it if the cherry on top would be a beautiful set of Road Wheels for my C-body.
$200/wheel? Complete? Wheel, dome, cap, ring. All in (he says) in Show quality?
Turnkey. Open the box and mount those 235/75 x 15" white walls or RWL.
Fair price I say.

Last month I picked up a nice set of 5 for 220. One of the centers had minor damage and one ring was not the best. They are out there at good prices.

View attachment 43659View attachment 43660

These were the ones I lost on what appears to be about 9 years ago, I bid eight hundred and lost the auction. These were the nicest set Ive ever seen. Of course they've been touched up but they were a bolt on and shine. Worth every penny

They are beautiful, I don't think there is any other wheel that looks as good as these on a C body. An exceptional set like this is probably worth $800.00. But with a little due diligence a nice set can be had for far less. I probably have 350.00 in the set on Jazebelle.

painted wheels 2 (Large).jpg

I am a road wheel junkie....nearly every Mopar I have has road wheels on it. I amassed 8 sets (2 of the sets are 15x 7) from cars I scrapped in the 80's and traded one of the sets for a set of Mirada wheels (which I also am very fond of). A also have 2 sets of bolt on plastic appliques that can be painted any colour to suit your fancy.

In my opinion the road wheel was the best looking wheel ever, and with very few exceptions where RWL are okay (Hurst, Sport Fury GT) they should have white walls.

HPIM1922.jpg

"Road wheel junkie" very good Mr C. The 72 New Yorker wagon my neighbor owned when I was a kid had a set and I was hooked on them since.
I don't know where I'd keep 8 sets of wheels.

About 10 years ago we went into a local Mopar show a bit late only to see a guy walking out with a set. I asked him about them...... He paid fifty bucks..... I hung my head

I paid $200 for the set on my NYB and just got another set at Carlisle for my Newport for $175. The NYB set isn't perfect but complete and correct. Three of the domes are pitted a little. I'll just upgrade them as I find them at swap meets. The set for my Newport need some work. I can salvage and use the domes. I'm missing one cap and even though I have very nice trim rings...they aren't the correct ones. I'll go rogue (like Ross) and be different until I find a decent set or one at a time at swap meets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back