For Sale Chrysler road wheels, 15x6 minus caps, 100. set of 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigCRig

Reaction score
Contact seller
good condition road wheels would include trim rings as shown.
00t0t_aO3wTXeahfm_600x450.jpg
00p0p_9uSlKDg99ka_600x450.jpg
00M0M_3uMiKS7Ueia_600x450.jpg

Incudes trim rings as shown. It shows one trim ring.

have a bunch {at least 10 of the T-rings} would pick out the best 4 for the wheels,you do know that they are a Ford rings, I like to call em Red-Line. fyi-got some red pinstripe and is easy where the stripes are the ring is recessed same width as the stripe itself.Also did you know that the 79 Magnum wheels are the same road wheel design only 15x7 though they are painted.

Now about those domes and caps....
I hear ya buddy, remember in an earlier post you mentioned the wheels were the easy part, and you're correct. do have caps but for some reason got them with the spline/slot part busted out, sorry no pic. but if you know these caps just imagine them open on the end, if I had billet aluminum, a lathe and mill/indexing setup.at my disposal, bet I could come up with somethin to press-fit, IF mighty "BIG" word.

Hmmmm,....
My B.I.L. owns a machine shop that's 100% CNC.
He could whip out a thousand of those domes.

seen in an earlier post about all-thread/ready rod, [dependin on where you're at] and wood,bolt two wheels together, with the plywood between the wheels, did you put a piece on the bottom and top also? these are nice wheels, and want the customer to receive them that way, thx.

.Also did you know that the 79 Magnum wheels are the same road wheel design only 15x7 though they are painted.

Yes, in 78 the road wheel was enlarged to 15x7. The wheels you refer to as "Magnum" wheels (called the "cast aluminum fascia road wheel"in the brochure) were actually also available on the NYB Salon. As you mentioned under the aluminum fascia is a painted road wheel. The chrome road wheels were used on C and M bodies in 78 and it seems the chrome ones were the narrow type and only the "Salon or Magum " wheels were 15x7. From 1979 and up all 16 slot steel road and were 15x7 until they ended the road wheel in 81.

After 78 the road wheels were seen less and less because Chrysler offered a larger array of wheel options then so the 15x 7 road wheels are more rare than the 70-79 15x 6 wheel.

Here a pic of a 79 LeBaron from the brochure with the 15x 7 steel road wheel.

1979-Chrysler-LeBaron-11.jpg

Last edited:
seen in an earlier post about all-thread/ready rod, [dependin on where you're at] and wood,bolt two wheels together, with the plywood between the wheels, did you put a piece on the bottom and top also? these are nice wheels, and want the customer to receive them that way, thx.

what was the point? is it cheaper overall to ship two wheels bolted together vs two wheels separately?

I just did a quick quote through FEDEX and it looks like it may be approx $9.80 cheaper for two shipped together vs 2 separate but that's not counting cost of plywood but some heavy 3 wall cardboard would work with some heavy packing/filament tape I imagine. I bet the FEDEX driver wouldn't appreciate me though ;)

Times 2 would be almost $20 bucks.

Ship the wheels USPS.
ALWAYS cheaper than UPS and FedEx.
Always.

I've checked heavy items with USPS and it was ALWAYS more expensive for bulky or items that didn't fit in priority boxes. I use USPS for light or small items that fit in their once price priority boxes.

What have you compared rates for that USPS was cheaper that was either heavy or didn't in a priority box Stan?

But I agree UPS pretty much sucks

I have shipped wheels 2 to a box before. Pack them each in heavy bubble wrap and layer a couple strips of cardboard between them stack the other one in and pack the snot out of the box. 80 bucks is what it cost me to ship 4 wheels no tires.

That's the rule I go by. If it fits in priority I use usps. Heavy, and bulky ups or fedex. I use ups more though for my bigger bulky parts.

I've checked heavy items with USPS and it was ALWAYS more expensive for bulky or items that didn't fit in priority boxes. I use USPS for light or small items that fit in their once price priority boxes.

What have you compared rates for that USPS was cheaper that was either heavy or didn't in a priority box Stan?

But I agree UPS pretty much sucks

I once had 4 wheels and tires shipped VIA USPS. I dont recall the price difference but it was substantial

I have shipped wheels 2 to a box before. Pack them each in heavy bubble wrap and layer a couple strips of cardboard between them stack the other one in and pack the snot out of the box. 80 bucks is what it cost me to ship 4 wheels no tires.

UPS and door to door residential? Every wheel I've checked through FEDEX is 29 no matter where I've checked via FEDEX ground. Today is the first time I checked shipping two together and it was 29 EA vs 48 PR for two packed together. Today when I checked it I used my address to Wichita Falls, TX because I know that zip but I've shipped to VA and San Antonio and other places for 29 EA before also

Oh btw that's for 15 x 7, 32 lb wheels. Smaller / lighter wheels would be a little cheaper which may account for the $4 dollars per wheel for the pair I checked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back