Disc brake conversion kits

Thats like, way super good move on your part. You'll understand how good the first time you go cruising around and matching the flow of suburban traffic (high speed stop and go) with confidence.

All done and ready to roll.

Messenger_creation_b6840b78-e668-42f2-b486-9a8f749cc977.jpeg

Messenger_creation_cdcce6dd-89d6-4fd0-9495-e63fe06c6846.jpeg

That hose looks like it's taut at the fitting, likely is at the caliper also.
You might want to check that hose with the wheels at full turning locations, it likely gets worse.

It's been my assessment (and I've seen some others say it also) that the hose/tubing bracket needs to be rotated a bit to ease the routing of the hose when swapping to discs.

You can probably bend at the tubing and drill a new hole for the anti-rotation tang on the bracket - disconnecting lines might be avoidable.

^This^

With some cars, you can flip the brackets side to side and mount the caliper towards the front like this one:

1715549618457.png

I bought an ign module and 'variable' coil of theirs 25-ish years ago, based on their hype of superiority.
Couldn't get it to work, the wiring and colors didn't match the instructions.
Tried their tech line, which went on-hold for forever, then would hang up on you.
Wired it up as best I knew based on other ignition systems (which have a lot of commonality). Didn't work.

Kept it for another 10 years, figuring I'd find the answer on the internet one day. No such luck.
Threw it into the trash eventually. One of the very few items I've ever had such a result that I simply threw it away.

You might want to check that hose with the wheels at full turning locations, it likely gets worse.

It's been my assessment (and I've seen some others say it also) that the hose/tubing bracket needs to be rotated a bit to ease the routing of the hose when swapping to discs.

You can probably bend at the tubing and drill a new hole for the anti-rotation tang on the bracket - disconnecting lines might be avoidable.

The new hoses were not yet on when the pics were taken but everything is fresh now included the wheel bearings.

If you drive your car the way we were taught to drive a 4 wheel drum car you will not have any problems. The only time I ever had a problem with drum brakes stopping was when I was 17 and doing really dumb things with my buddies.

If you drive your car the way we were taught to drive a 4 wheel drum car you will not have any problems. The only time I ever had a problem with drum brakes stopping was when I was 17 and doing really dumb things with my buddies.
It has disc brakes now so I expect no problems at all.

The new hoses were not yet on when the pics were taken but everything is fresh now included the wheel bearings.
At the risk of sounding like an *** - are the new hoses longer than what is in the pics?
(if it wasn't your brakes I wouldn't be asking)

I have the SSBC "COMP" version. Install was easy except I am not happy with the brake lines in tje front, they could be a half foot longer. I added a booster with a electric vac pump and my Fury stops very good now. I do have ssbc discs in the rear as well, they are sort of groany when backing up and are a little more difficult to install and adjust right but I could recommend them. I was lucky and got them off of a guy on ebay for less than half the price for the entire set!

At the risk of sounding like an *** - are the new hoses longer than what is in the pics?
(if it wasn't your brakes I wouldn't be asking)
They sure are, my buddy is very thorough in everythinghe does. He actually works on Mopars as a living and has been for 45 years now. Buys and sells, restores and builds them, mostly A, B and E bodies tho. The whole underside of the car is basically new; brakes, bearings, suspension etc. He is even swapping the original mufflers for a set of Turbos so the sound will be right too

They sure are, my buddy is very thorough in everythinghe does. He actually works on Mopars as a living and has been for 45 years now. Buys and sells, restores and builds them, mostly A, B and E bodies tho. The whole underside of the car is basically new; brakes, bearings, suspension etc. He is even swapping the original mufflers for a set of Turbos so the sound will be right too
Cool.
Can you post the part# of the longer hoses? That might be helpful for future surfers that read this.

Too short. You need a longer one. Check it when you turn the wheels, and it must be just enought to not a hard bend.

Back