Disc Brake Hoses

blackmamba

Reaction score
Does anybody out there know the correct length of Front Brake Hose 3/8 X 3/8 for a Monaco/Polara 67to 72? The DURALAST ones I got are 14 inches and seem to be a bit short by 2 inches to have a little play once hooked up. My Calipers can only be mounted on the rear of the Spindle.

I thought some front brake hoses were too short for my 71 300 as well that were the Duralast brand, but the second set of hoses I got from NAPA were pretty much the same. I struggled a little to get them to work, but did get them connected properly, if maybe a little tight. But then I realized the wheel/tire was in full rebound when I was doing the job, and that when the car is on the ground, the hoses are quite adequate.

Thanks Yes this is a good site! Checked here first thing saw some that measured 16 x 3/8 x 3/8 which led me to believe mine were too short. saforwardlook Gave me a great tip. I'll try to put a Jack under the A-Arm and bring it to ride hieght and see what happens.

Several weeks ago there was a thread concerning hoses.
I looked at my 67 w/drum brakes hoses (new) and I was wondering if I had instalked the correct ones.
I ordered again a set of drum brake and disk brake hoses each.
They were the same length.
The difference was in the fittings that go to the brakes.

Right you are there! I'll have to wait till I can find some 15" x 8" Steel Cop Car Rims, so I can set her on the ground, now that the 440 is in place. Might have them custom built by Inlinetube.com. They have some nice products.

A picture is worth a thousand words! The Suspension is completely in rebound still looks a little tight! IMG_20150628_115012.jpgIMG_20150628_115101.jpg

IMG_20150628_115012.jpg

IMG_20150628_115101.jpg

Both are good! My guess is I'll have plenty of length once shes on her wheels. I'd still like to have two more inches! "That's what she said" LOL!

I seem to be a bit late to the party but I had the same concerns last week when I replaced the flexible brake lines on my 1973 Polara. They seemed like just a bit tight of a fit, but just enough to thread into the caliper and brake line without incident. The comment previously made regarding the car on jack stands is spot on as I never even considered it. :huh:

Back