Drain Plug kit?

mr. fix it

Old Man with a Hat
Reaction score
Hi, has anyone ever installed a drain plug into the 8 /34" diff housing?

With my factory setup, All I can do is suck it out from the filler plug or loosen the pumpkin from the housing and watch it drain..

Any comments?o_O

The Dana 44 axles in my Titan have drain plugs. You can drill and tap the housing on a 8.75 but then again how often are you going to drain and fill the diff if it's not being run on a race track?

You can drill and tap it for a pipe plug, but as was pointed out how often are you going to drain it?

Last edited:
With my little FWDz I need both SAE + MM because their what I call early '80z transition year carz. Yeah don't know from one fastener to the next what Mother did on the same vehicle. I think we can assume that an 8 3/4" pig in ah C-Body iz SAE

With my little FWDz I need both SAE + MM because their what I call early '80z transition year carz. Yeah don't know from one fastener to the next what Mother did on the same vehicle. I think we can assume that an 8 3/4" pig in ah C-Body iz SAE
USA cars were all kinda like that then... I remember pulling a Buick transmission cross member that was a mix of 5/8 an 15mm heads... I remember because I couldn't believe it, had to try to start them all to figure which went where on reassembly.

USA cars were all kinda like that then... I remember pulling a Buick transmission cross member that was a mix of 5/8 an 15mm heads... I remember because I couldn't believe it, had to try to start them all to figure which went where on reassembly.

There must have been a lot of transition years, my '04 Dodge has a mix of SAE and Metric. :)

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but metric fasteners are the invention of the devil!

The more I think about this the more I think it would just be adding a new location for leaks.

Tell me about it. I Had a major PITA time to get mine sealed up but the knunklehead that did it when I bought my van. I think it was that article that finally got me to seal it up. I'm afraid to take it out and wind up having it leak again.

Back