Exhaust for a 1972 Newport

Jono67

Reaction score
Hey Guys and Girls
I'm after some ideas on what to do re- a- new dual exhaust system on the old girl
Would love to see some photos of what other have done on here
Not sure where to have the pipes exist
Right out the back or just behind the back doors or even just over the rear axle?
Thanks in advance
Jono

Exit out the back hug the chassis with the pipes and turn down as they go out under the rear bumper.

The one I photoed was done by a custom shop. Not factory but not bad either

attachment-17.jpeg

Ah, I can show you what I've done on my '70, but have to wait until I am at home - that's where the pictures are. Sorry.

This my 70 fury, when it was being taken apart. I know, some rust, but dual. Hope it helps

20140817_125642~2.jpg
20140817_125642~2.jpg

I used TTI on my 70 300. Fits great.

Do your exit out the back.

Geez... I just saw the blocks.

Concrete blocks aren't made to take that type of load. They may crumble on you without warning. I know.. I know... Some guys will say "I've used them for years with no problems". Please be safe and concrete blocks aren't safe.

Sorry if I am annoying anyone with this post. Years ago, a truck fell on the guy next door and killed him. I just don't want that to happen to you.

duh...missed that...least their right side up but bad idea...l know what they can handle and this is generaly a bad bad idea.....a mason

They do exit out the back, and turn down.
it was on blocks for a very short time. No real work done except gas tank removal and changing all four tire the the air holding variety. I am not the Eighteen year old that changes a clutch while on a bumper jack, anymore

I am not the Eighteen year old that changes a clutch while on a bumper jack, anymore

Fortunately, you don't see that anymore.

The SFGT I owned back in the seventies had once been fitted with hand controls. The previous owner had a 65 Plymouth fall off a bumper jack on to him.

TTI Photos. Even though this is a 79 Chrysler 300 "B" body,,you'll get the idea.Everything bolts right in About $600 range.
IMG_2117.jpg
IMG_2116.jpg

The quote are not coming through. I posted one earlier today, same thing.

Here are some shots from under my '70 Newport.
IMG_2258.JPG

This is with my tank removed.
IMG_2260.JPG

This with the new tank in. The car was originally a single exhaust.

Exhaust is now done sounds heaps better
2 1/4 inch dual from the manifold to the rear will take some photos over the next few days

Great pics.. I took my 75 NYB to the Shop yesterday, and the guys telling me because the gas tank sits more to the Left / Drivers side between the frame rails, more room of the OE Single exhaust, that he can't do Duals. I see in the pics above, that some Duals were ran ALONG the frame rails. Do they hang to low under the car? can they be seen when looking at the car from the side.. I know, I know!! too many questions..

some shops wont put exhaust close to fuel cells...been through that...duals arent always the best route..if l had yer car would go single 3in...if you go duals will probally lose some low end torque...just sayin

more pics of C body exhausts plz folks...

Back