Gas tank filler neck seal

Grits

Reaction score
I have a 65 Fury III. I ordered this seal to see if it would fit. It does not fit.
Says it fits 66 through 70 A,B,C and E body. If someone can use it, I will sent it to you N/C. Just get me your mailing address. Only cost $7.50 and not work sending back for credit. I would rather give it to someone on this forum that put it in garbage.

You must not be doing it right! I have a 68 Dart grommet on a 66-300. What doesn't fit about it?

The hole in the tank is too small and the filler neck is smaller that he hole in the seal. I ended up reusing the old seal by gasket sealer for fuel. The old seal has some minor cracks, but the gasket sealer I used make it work great.

The '65 Fury tank is a side-fill tank?

CBODY67

Yes, it is side fill. The filler neck with the gas cap uses a rubber reducing coupler to the metal tube that goes into the tank.

Phillip
AKA Grits

Does anybody have the name of a supplier and the actual part number for the CORRECT 65 fury fuel tank to filler pipe seal?...I've tried three different ones and they all leak...and none look like the original.

Thanks,

J.G.

Back