Get outta here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The old and long vacant Kmart HQ building here in Troy.

image.jpg

There is a lot of wasted money sitting there in that old building. Reflective of times of corporate wasteful spending ..... what good is all that?

I can't remember how many 10s of thousands of sq. ft. That building is but yes, it's very upsetting and that's just a tiny fraction of footage that's sitting empty in decay. Not just the Detroit area, I'm sure of that.
This sculpture was by the front entry and I always loved it. I'm pretty sure I even took some pics of my Charger in front of it back in the day but I'll be damned if I know where they are.

image.jpg

There is a lot of wasted money sitting there in that old building. Reflective of times of corporate wasteful spending ..... what good is all that?
The building was probably justified at the time.
Unfortunately some guy down in Arkansas was building some stores, too.
Who knew, Dave?

I think we've just found Matt's new workshop.

Downsizing Klaus, downsizing. My shop is plenty big enough but I would rather own someplace to work out of that was in my own backyard. So the search has begun for a backyard with a big enough place for me to make a living and has the same address as the house which divides the backyard from the front. The likelihood that I find a place that we can afford with a 4,000 sq ft shop in the backyard is probably very slim.

You could convert an old large gas station, garage, industrial building or warehouse Matt. Live in part work in other part. I've seen some cool ones on HGTV with that sort of thing.

The building was probably justified at the time.
Unfortunately some guy down in Arkansas was building some stores, too.
Who knew, Dave?

The glitz and glamor is wasted money. IT ALWAYS happens when they are throwing it around like water........

The likelihood that I find a place that we can afford with a 4,000 sq ft shop in the backyard is probably very slim.

Why does one need a house anyways....? A large enough building would allow a living area to be added within. I did that for 6 years in NC. A restro shop, powder coating business and living quarters in a industrial park. Very quiet at night, No neighbors pissin & moaning. I really miss that now.

You could convert an old large gas station, garage, industrial building or warehouse Matt. Live in part work in other part. I've seen some cool ones on HGTV with that sort of thing.
I did that in my current shop and still spend some nights there with my girl once in a while. Between my shop and her townhouse we have 2 rent payments and 2 of every utility bill. If we found someplace where we could live and I could work we could save at least $2,000 a month.

Why does one need a house anyways....? A large enough building would allow a living area to be added within. I did that for 6 years in NC. A restro shop, powder coating business and living quarters in a industrial park. Very quiet at night, No neighbors pissin & moaning. I really miss that now.

I loved it but its really not a place for a lady and the lady isn't going anywhere!

I'd think Detroit would be an awesome place to take a large old building and convert it to suit both needs in one place with a reasonable purchase price

Lot's of cool architecture .. just need on that's the right size, location, and style .. and you are the man with style and furnishings

122-curzon-street-north-melbourne-69f5a934-4e04-479b-8d64-182f34319d62-800x600-0.jpg

New-York-Style-Warehouse-Conversion-in-Melbourne-07.jpg

pict_large_45n3_2.jpg

There was a guy on another forum that bought an old school house. He had his shop for his cars and a great living area. I saw some pictures and it was impressive.

I think he lost it in a divorce....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back