Grant steering wheel on tilt and telescope column, Chrysler 300 1966

I have the same/similar wheel and kit on my 72 Newport, came with the car, can't say i am crazy about it as it puts the wheel too far back towards you and the bench seat doesn't go back far enough when compared to the flatter factory wheel. Mine is not a tilt/tele column either.

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

14.jpg

So you need the flatter version? Or the replica Tuff Wheel?

I have the same/similar wheel and kit on my 72 Newport, came with the car, can't say i am crazy about it as it puts the wheel too far back towards you and the bench seat doesn't go back far enough when compared to the flatter factory wheel. Mine is not a tilt/tele column either.

View attachment 605282

View attachment 605283

View attachment 605284

View attachment 605285

Looks pretty cool, i like the wooden style .

The main problem is that the telescopic function is only secured when the cover is screwed on.

Maybe i have to insert a screw without a head.

I have a repo wooden wheel in my 68 Fury wagon I bought from Dales Cuda Shop which I believe is the same one the original poster referenced.I Had a problem with the adapter putting the wheel to close to the top of the dash & exchanged for a different adapter which works perfectly.I have the boxes somewhere & I can get the numbers if needed. I tried Dales repo Tuff Wheel first but couldn't find a adapter that would work with it on a C-Body.The Tuff Wheel reminded me of my first car a 73 Dodge Dart Sport thats why i wanted one again.

IMG_20230707_162414231_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230707_162431487_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
if you want to retain the tele function you may need to have the wheel machined to fit the column.

Hello guys, I have a 1966 Chrysler 300.

Recently, I bought a Grant steering wheel (Grant Products 967-0 Grant Classic Nostalgia Steering Wheels | Summit Racing) and the following adapter Grant Products 4310 Grant Steering Wheel Installation Kits | Summit Racing.

I have the Tilt & Telescopic Column, what should I generally consider here, and how can I lock the telescopic function?

What did you do with the old steering wheel? Is it in good shape? I might buy it. . .

I Had a problem with the adapter putting the wheel to close to the top of the dash & exchanged for a different adapter which works perfectly.
Yes, the depth/location of the wheel is something we don't always consider.
I put one of these wheels (below) on my 68 Fury and it's slightly closer to the dash, enough that my fingertips sometimes trip the TS stalk accidentally.
Never had that issue with the factory wheel.

@crazyboutwagons Please post that other adapter part# when you get a chance?

1691853682332.png

@crazyboutwagons
Thanks for that, it's good info and info is good. Esp as you mentioned the other adapter fits but didn't suit the car.
It is now in my Summit wishlist for future reference.

I used a small bolt (with head) to lock the telescope function. I agree the grant wheel feels very close to you due to the deep dish of it. I like it though!

I used a small bolt (with head) to lock the telescope function. I agree the grant wheel feels very close to you due to the deep dish of it. I like it though!

Could you tell me which one? Here in Austria, it is not so easy to find the correct inch screws .

The thread is a 5/16" but I can't get the correct threads per inch.

Back