Hello from Australia

Charger440-6

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I've been on this forum for a while as a guest so thought it was time to introduce myself. As the title suggests I'm from down under, but originally from across the Ditch in NZ.

I've always had an interest in anything Mopar and have owned a few over the years but never a C-Body but I think it's time that changed given the awesome old Mopars that show up for sale on this site. Am especially interested in a 69-71 Chrysler 300 or Imperial Coupe.

Cheers.

Welcome to a great forum!

Welcome from Wisconsin. One of my cars has something in common with your country. My '04 GTO was made in Australia.

100_0276.JPG

The GTO made in Elizabeth, South Australia, 40 minutes north of me.

Vale Holden manufacturing.

Welcome to the site Charger 440-6 I'm crossing the ditch to Christchurch next July.
Christchurch is my old home town, the city is slowly recovering after earthquakes destroyed most of the CBD in 2010/11, would love to get back there one day.

Christchurch is my old home town, the city is slowly recovering after earthquakes destroyed most of the CBD in 2010/11, would love to get back there one day.
It's not doing too badly, much of the central area is cleared lots - cathedral still awaits rebuild or demolish decision and probably still some buildings needing demolition.

We're in Dallington in the red zone, nice and peaceful 10,000 houses reduced to 30 or so and mainly council owned parklands for many years at least until rebuilding can occur.

I like it and am learning "kiwi" chilly bin for esky (cooler) and monsoons for weather shields. Lol.

Thanks for the welcome, the GTO was sold as a Monaro here in Australia. The GM plant that builds those cars, badged as Holden is closing down next year

All vehicle manufacturing will soon disappear from Australia and that's just a damn shame. So many unique and interesting vehicles.

All vehicle manufacturing will soon disappear from Australia and that's just a damn shame. So many unique and interesting vehicles.
It is a shame, hard to believe after so many years that Ford, GM Holden and Toyota are all heading offshore, with the old Mitsubishi/Chrysler plant shutting down a few years ago too.

Last edited:
It's not doing too badly, much of the central area is cleared lots - cathedral still awaits rebuild or demolish decision and probably still some buildings needing demolition.

We're in Dallington in the red zone, nice and peaceful 10,000 houses reduced to 30 or so and mainly council owned parklands for many years at least until rebuilding can occur.

I like it and am learning "kiwi" chilly bin for esky (cooler) and monsoons for weather shields. Lol.
Lol, and you'll be wearing Jandals in the summer not thongs, if you need to buy some milk you'll get it from the Dairy not the Milk Bar (7/11 for those in the States)..

Hi everyone.

I've been on this forum for a while as a guest so thought it was time to introduce myself. As the title suggests I'm from down under, but originally from across the Ditch in NZ.

I've always had an interest in anything Mopar and have owned a few over the years but never a C-Body but I think it's time that changed given the awesome old Mopars that show up for sale on this site. Am especially interested in a 69-71 Chrysler 300 or Imperial Coupe.

Cheers.

Welcome, you have good taste in automobiles. The vehicles you like are well sought after by many here.

Welcome to the site from the Motor City!

Back